EPSON 2013/2014 - EH-TW5200-TW7200-TW8200 and maybe TW9200

With my TW8200 projector displaying "BLANK" black image, I hover my hand in front of the projection path to cast a shadow on the screen. The shadow is blacker/darker than the projected black image. Is this normal for projector at this price range? Am I demanding too much? I know JVC do have uber black...but I'm not sure how far Epson is from the elite group. FYI, this is my first projector.

For me the Epson EH-TW9200 offers the best black detail of any LCD projector I have seen, however black detail is important but not everything and if you can fit a JVC projector into you room you will see a sparkle in the image that no Epson projector can get close to.

I was doing a home demo yesterday and it was remarkable how difference the JVC was in a poor room. The black detail was lost yet the extra colour detail it produced over the Epson and the Panasonic was breath taking.

I would always recommend view any projector if you are able and trust your own eyes and ignore what anyone else tells you and that includes me.

Regards, Shane.

This is because Sky and other broadcasters do not output the encoding for the automatic switching like Blu-ray movies. So when you are watching SDS from a broadcaster on any TV - Projector, this will usually always have to be done.

Regards, Shane.

Thanks guys, I did manage to discover the manual setting which worked.

Later on I couldn't play a 3D Blu Ray then I realised it was because I had a non 3D TV connected to my amp as well as the 3D projector. Thought that would of also been the reason sky wasn't recognised.

nyone can chime in if the difference between the 7200 (4030) and 9200 (5030) is worth the extra cost? Does the fi make a big difference in smoothness?

Just wondering if anyone has any user feedback for the 7200?

Looking to get my first projector and have a hard time thinking whether to go for the 7200 or stump up for the 9200. The 7200 has only one pair of 3d (I need 2) and 2years warranty (3 years on one bulb change) whereas the 9200 has 2 pairs glasses and 5 years unlimited warranty. The reviews I've found for the 7200 (or 3030 in the states) rate it highly but the 9200 (5030/6030) seems that bit better overall especially for blacks. I know I should demo but that is quite difficult for me as there's no local dealer to me so I'll be buying blind.

Been reading reviews of the 9200 and the US equivalent (5030/6030). I see the US versions have a THX mode (which seems good out of the box) but this mode isnt on the 9200. Anyone know why this isnt included in the 9200?

Surprised there's not much activity in this thread. I'll be picking up the TW7200 at the end of the year.

I`ve got the 7200 and 9200 on for this weekends Epson event

if anyone has any doubts as to how good the 7200 is then get yourself here this weekend as the image is absolutely cracking

Hi Allan, looking at getting back into HC projection to replace my Sanyo Z2 I had from new & interested in what the new Epsons have to offer. Thinking of travelling up to you Sunday early afternoon. Will you also have the JL E-subs on demo ?

Hi Allan, looking at getting back into HC projection to replace my Sanyo Z2 I had from new & interested in what the new Epsons have to offer. Thinking of travelling up to you Sunday early afternoon. Will you also have the JL E-subs on demo ?

yes the JL Esubs are on demo

can you post in the events thread please if you are intending to attend

cheers Allan

Ok, will do.

Just had my TW9200 set up late last night but not really had a chance to play with it. My first projector and I'm very impressed with it although I've only watch about 30mins on it.

Just wondering if there are any in built test images to set up the picture alignment i.e. to help get the best focus & zooming/aligning the image to screen. I see there's the panel alignment setting which brings up a grid, is this what I should be using?

Also, I can get 3 corners of the image to fit on the screen but the 4th corner just skews off the screen. So if I bring the image in, there's about an inch gap at the bottom of the screen close to the 4th corner. The projector is mounted to the ceiling and is central to the screen on a Techniq mount. I'll try to adjust the unit to make sure it is 100% square to the screen, but if anyone can offer any useful tips to get this right then its much appreciated.

Hi Guys, I am going to replace a SIMs projector and this thread has been the best source of info on the 9200 that I have found. I have read more about this purchase that I would about buying a car and in many articles they are saying that there is no difference between an 8200 and an 9200. Can anyone back this up, I will probably order the 9200 anyway.

Allan, great info provided. Sorry can't buy from you as I am in Brisbane OZ.

Have bought the 9200W, got a good deal through a friend. Had to change the ceiling support bracket as the Epson is a shite lot bigger than the SIM. Really nice piece of kit, colour is brilliant and we can now watch TV during the day. Well early morning before I go to work (World Cup), the only thing I need to fix is that it needs to be realigned on the Horizontal. It is a few degrees drop, only noticeable when text is on the screen. is there any way to adjust this, without having to mess around with the ceiling mount.

Mine is still not in use as I have been waiting since January for my AV receiver to be delivered.
Pointless watching anything without sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom