EPSON 2013/2014 - EH-TW5200-TW7200-TW8200 and maybe TW9200

Well I was a Epson yesterday and can confirm that as yet there will be no 6200. I'd heard that one was coming but it seem that this has now been put on the back burner.

The Epson EH-TW5200 together with the EH-TW9200 and Wireless versions.

The 5200 looks like it is the real reason why the 6200 has been can'd as the brief viewing I had in the reminded of a Panasonic from a few years back. It was really small but had loads of punch. I'll have to wait until we get one here unit I really comment on it though.

As for the 9200. Yeah it had some improvements and they have now enabled frame recreation for 3D play back which having seen Panasonic's system works very well. In 2D though it would not even be entertained in my system as I feel they always make me feel sea sick.

The iris seems to be a little quieter to. Over all the projectors seem to be an improvement an I would be happy with any of them.

Blacks still need to be improved to compete with some of the bigger boys, but I felt they have brought back the extra light kick, which makes them better for brighter, less light controlled environments.

Expected Late October early November.

Regards, Shane.

please don`t hold me to this but early gossip says

£2795 - £3195 so they have gone up, so has the warranty period though from 3 to 5 years

Allan

Most of the UK retailers online seem have settled on £2,699 so, knowing you are always among the best value in the business, Allan, I'm assuming you might even do a bit better than that! Especially for regular customers LOL....

Cheers,

Keith

Most of the UK retailers online seem have settled on £2,699 so, knowing you are always among the best value in the business, Allan, I'm assuming you might even do a bit better than that! Especially for regular customers LOL....

Cheers,

Keith

Prices are :-

TW7200 - £1899 - 2 year warranty/3 year single lamp

TW9200 - £2699 - 5 year warranty/ 5 year unlimited lamp

TW9200W - £2999 - 5 year warranty/ 5 year unlimited lamp

Prices are :-

TW7200 - £1899 - 2 year warranty/3 year single lamp

TW9200 - £2699 - 5 year warranty/ 5 year unlimited lamp

TW9200W - £2999 - 5 year warranty/ 5 year unlimited lamp

you bet me to it A :smashin:

I'm sure there are many more dealers on the market who can do better than the advertised pricing where open pre-orders are concerned.

Regards, Shane.

So going on what's been said above am I right in assuming the 8100 should be a little better than the 7200. Just looking around at prices and the 8100 obviously being an outgoing model are at around the 7200 price. Just wondering whether it might be better to grab one of the last ones or wait for a bit.

So going on what's been said above am I right in assuming the 8100 should be a little better than the 7200. Just looking around at prices and the 8100 obviously being an outgoing model are at around the 7200 price. Just wondering whether it might be better to grab one of the last ones or wait for a bit.

Can't comment on the 8100, but in general...

I considered buying a 9100 at a discounted price for an outgoing model, but in the end I figured I would always regret missing out on the latest features and advances and it would eat away at me and make me regret the purchase. So I pre-ordered a 9200. With a 5 year guarantee it will probably be outside my usual upgrade window, so chances are I will be selling it before 5 years are up - and selling it with a substantial amount of warranty on it will help it hold its price on the used market.

The warranty on the 9200 is exceptionally attractive IMO - especially a 5 year unlimited lamp replacement warranty - and an on site warranty too.

Apologies for not answering your question - just thought the general principle of outgoing vs new models might interest others.

Last edited:

correct Mark

but don`t hang around, the 2 distributors of these, one of which has sold out and the other has 5 units coming today of which i`ve grabbed 3

you may find a dealer with one so don`t hang around waiting for the price to drop anymore as I think you may have waited too long

Hey!

I don't suppose anyone knows the frame lag of the 7200? I had my heart set on a 6100 till I researched how bad its latency was (for games).

I thought `ooooh looks promising` when I heard about the 5200 - no lag gaming mode :)

But it's other aspects (contrast ratio, noise levels) don't look so good :/

Heard the rumours of the 6200 and hoped `ooh like the 6100, maybe with the 5100's no lag game mode` - but that seams to be a no-goer.

The 7200 is a massive price jump from a 5200.

I want something for games and films and the 6100 was around my price point.

:/

ImageUploadedByAVForums1384454991.012138.jpg
just thought I'd let everyone see the 7200 which is going to get a few hours on it today before a busy day tomorrow.

Regards, Shane.

When I ordered my 9200 I told Allan I wouldn't 'hold my breath' for an end of October delivery. Seems like that was a good call or I'd have been dead weeks ago :) What is so frustrating is they have had them for ages in the US (5030). Of course, patience has never been my strongest attribute, LOL.

I've had the 7200 a couple of days Keith and to be honest it doesn't look too bad at all ootb

If the 9200 is better and I remember it as being so you'll be pleased

Allan

Hey Allan, I'm sure I will be pleased! :) I just want to be pleased now! :)
Latest date we have is Nov 26, so hopefully not too long now (if it does not slip again):)

just had it confirmed that stock will be shipped on monday for tuesday 19th

We've just heard that they will be with us tomorrow. We had the Epson Rep in yesterday to see what my thoughts were on the 7200. I have to say better than expected.

I shall add more information about the two projectors once I have run them a little.

Regards, Shane.

We've already done a small side by side shoot-out in house on both model with 9200 and its smaller brother and the PTAT6000.

The 9200 certainly has a much better black than its little brother (7200) however apart from that I'm struggling to see a real difference between then at this stage. A few more hours on the lamps are required me feels.

Against the 6000, the 9200 is certainly much better on its black, however it looks a little cold in comparison to the 6000. I've been trying to record this on my HD camcorder, strangely though, when I play it back the difference on screen where the 6000 shows the 9200 up doesn't show itself on screen and the Espon's looks the better of the two. It's very weird.

What are my immediate thoughts. Epson are certainly getting their as both the 7200 and 9200 are projectors that I would be happy to have in home. I would mention that a little work will need to be carried out to iron the small red tint that keeps showing itself in light white sense (although this is me being a little picky).

The black are certainly a massive improvement over the older version from what I can seen in our demo room, the 9200 now offering class leading LCD black levels. I will say that on first viewing the image is very sharp and detailed, although some of the colours do seem virgin on the colder spectrum, which is a contradiction to me commenting about the red tint that is their. I feel a few more hours are required before I give it a full review

We have tried it in Natural and Cinema mode and both offer different yet feel the same to.

Regards, Shane.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom