Epsom TW10H - flashing led

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sparky24, Mar 14, 2005.

1. sparky24

sparky24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I am relatively new to projectors - I currently have an Epsom TW10H (bought about 5 months ago - with about 400 lamp hours do date) thats hooked up to sky/dvd & ps2 (occassionily!).

I tried turing it on a couple of days ago and the red light start flashing (nothing else happened) - about once every second. I looked in the manual and it appears to be an "internal" problem! - which appears only to be able to be fixed by calling an engineer under the terms of the warrenty (?!)

I was wondering whether anyone elses had suffered a similar problem?? and if so, how u fixed it etc??

Thanks
    S

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Check first in the manual about filter cleaning, I think it's like the Hitachi and needs the filter cleaning every 100 hrs, the red flashing light is a reminder...PJ

3. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    uhoh!! firstly yes you need to vacuum the filter, also turn it off from the plug, and take the bulb unit out, then replace it. turn back on and highly likely it will be ok.

if however it happens again and again, as happened to me recently then you probably have a mainboard problem. This is a fault which seems to happen in a small per centage of units. Mine developed it after just 130 hours (7 weeks use) and Epson wanted me to accept a second hand Quality Assured replacement, I told them to get stuffed and they currently have it for repair. Turns out its a ballast fault and they are replacing the ballast and the bulb. No ETA on these parts tho so I could be waiting a while.

If it happens again flick it off at the plug then back on again, may fix it, if it happens a lot then obviously give them a call and get it swapped over or repaired.
    Hope that helps (not what you wanted to hear tho sorry!!) Saying that Epson are pretty good on speed and can have an engineer there next day to replace it!