Epsom EMP-TW10H Connections

ched

Established Member
Reaction score
I have almost made my mind up to buy the TW10H, in fact its about the only pj I can afford. But it will be so much better than my old Marantz pj.

Anyway back to the point. I have Sky+ well will have on Saturday and a cheap LG DVD/Video /DD combi unit. Its only temp as my normal Sony, Paradigm, and Mordaunt Short stuff has to be packed away till I move. I understand that the TW10H has a number of connections available and the best one to use is the component. Well when I look in to it it seems like I also need a sync cable.
Bottom line is how do I get component out of the sky+ and to the pj? Do I just need a scart to component convertor such as lektropacks SARGB 4X phono RGB + composite Sync and 4 long phono to phono leads?

Is this correct? Any help is most welcome. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Hi Ched

i have the same bargain PJ (its great BTW) and mine came with a SCART to RGBS adapter which works just fine. Plug SKY into Scart socket and the other end plugs into the component and composite (synch).

Cheers and enjoy
Dave

Yep, what Digger said! The simple fact is, a Sky+ box can not output component, what it does do it RGB. The component connectors on the back of the TW10H double up as RGB inputs, but with that, you also need the sync signal (carried through the composite input on the TW10H) but as Digger said, there is an adapter, if a little cheap, that'll do the job.

Thanks very much. Now all I need is either 4 phono leads or a scart extension.

thanks very much to you all. PJ on order first thing tomorrow :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom