1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epsom EMP-TW10H Connections

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ched, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ched

ched

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I have almost made my mind up to buy the TW10H, in fact its about the only pj I can afford. But it will be so much better than my old Marantz pj.

Anyway back to the point. I have Sky+ well will have on Saturday and a cheap LG DVD/Video /DD combi unit. Its only temp as my normal Sony, Paradigm, and Mordaunt Short stuff has to be packed away till I move. I understand that the TW10H has a number of connections available and the best one to use is the component. Well when I look in to it it seems like I also need a sync cable.
    Bottom line is how do I get component out of the sky+ and to the pj? Do I just need a scart to component convertor such as lektropacks SARGB 4X phono RGB + composite Sync and 4 long phono to phono leads?

Is this correct? Any help is most welcome. Thanks. :thumbsup:

2. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Hi Ched

i have the same bargain PJ (its great BTW) and mine came with a SCART to RGBS adapter which works just fine. Plug SKY into Scart socket and the other end plugs into the component and composite (synch).

Cheers and enjoy
    Dave

3. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, what Digger said! The simple fact is, a Sky+ box can not output component, what it does do it RGB. The component connectors on the back of the TW10H double up as RGB inputs, but with that, you also need the sync signal (carried through the composite input on the TW10H) but as Digger said, there is an adapter, if a little cheap, that'll do the job.

4. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So cheap it's free :) It comes with the projector.

5. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    I just wanted the adapter... ...and such an amazing adapter that it came with a free projector... ...eh!?! :D

6. ched

ched

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Thanks very much. Now all I need is either 4 phono leads or a scart extension.

thanks very much to you all. PJ on order first thing tomorrow :D