Epsom EMP-TW10

S

Steviefull

Possibly getting one of these in the next couple of months, anyone got one or know how good they are, or alternatively advise something similar at a similar price.

Thanks in advance

Yes I own an Epson TW-10H and for the money it's a great PJ! You can pick them up for a little over £500, the bulbs are cheap (compared to others anyway) at around £140 a pop and it's a superb performer for the price.

- Connectivity is great with Component, Composite, S-Video and VGA. Only downside is the lack of DVI.

- Decent native resolution of 854 x 480 provides a pretty sharp picture when fed with a decent input - obviously not as sharp as some more expensive PJ's though. Supports resolutions of 640 x 480 up to 1920 x 1080 (16:9).

- pretty good blacks for an LCD PJ as well.

- Fan noise is pretty quiet on Theatre Black mode (which I generally use all the time as it gives a good natural picture) although it does become audiable when using a setting such as Dynamic. It is never loud enough to interfere with your viewing pleasire though.

If you're after something affordable to watch films on or play games on, then this PJ will not dissapoint. If your budget will stretch to a Hitatchi TX-100 though (around £1000) i'd be tempted to look at that PJ.

Or get a BenQ PB6100 DLP machine for less then 600 quid. Nice and bright with a 2000:1 contrast ratio. Lovely.

Im looking to project ontot a screen about 5'0 from about 9'0 away, would it still do the job. I've seen a screen shot of the themescene H30a though and must say it looks pretty sexy, even though its about £400.00 more, nothings too good for me

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom