1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epsom EMP-715

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by wireman, Jun 24, 2003.

1. wireman

wireman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just purchased this machine on ebay second hand and am now wondering if it was a wise choice. Could the enlightened among you put me out of my misery one way or the other? It's cost me just over 500 quid and hopefully going to be used for home cinema and maybe xbox/pc use.

Thanx Adi

2. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Seems quite reasonable to me. Quite a good bargain.

Here's the spec:

PowerLite 715c Projector
    1200 lumens in a convenient 6 lb package - when you size it all up, the PowerLite 715c is the perfect solution for highly effective mobile presentations. The brightest 6 lb projector in its class, the PowerLite 715c consistently delivers sharp, vivid images, even in the most challenging lighting conditions.

Its innovative Epson EasyMP technology facilitates PC-free presentations so you can leave your laptop and cables behind without sacrificing advanced features. Epson's EasyMP technology also delivers lightning-fast image renderings plus fifteen transitional effects. And, with its "power-on-the-go" operation, even novice users can be up and running in no time.

Includes projector, power cord, RCA video/audio cable, remote control, computer cable HD15/HD15, PS/2 mouse cable, USB mouse cable, soft case, memory card set (8MB CompactFlash card), application software CD, and Start Here kit.

* Auto-run capability - just power on the projector and begin.
    * Unique editing capability:
    - Rearrange the order of projected images, individually or as a group.
    - Select and hide individual images.
    - Customize your presentation to your audience.
    * Easy to use - drag and drop your entire presentation using Epson conversion software.
    * Smooth picture transitions - JPEG or bitmap images advance as fast as 40 milliseconds, either automatically or with a mouse click.
    * 15 PowerPoint-type transitions - includes wipes, dissolves, etc. for smooth, professional presentations.
    * Make notes and annotations directly on the image and capture them for future reference.
    * MEMORY CARD SLOT - multicard capability including PCMCIA Flash Memory,
    CompactFlash, SmartMedia (adapter required), and Memory Stick (adapter required).

Lamp Life 1000 hours
    Contrast Ratio 400:1
    XGA Native Resolution (1024 x 768)
    Capable of 1600X1280 with compression

3. ozdvduser

ozdvduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    At The Track or Melbourne Victoria Australia
    Ratings:
    +3
    Low Lamp Life - standard these days for a HT pj is over 2000hrs with some upto 5000hrs
    Low Contrast - 600 upwards for HT
    Resolution - 1024x768 is ok if in 16:9 but if 4:3 then you are going to lose aound 15%-20% of the 768 when switched to 16:9

These are really designed for business presentations and not really for HT if that is waht you are going to use it for.

4. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Oz has a point but to be honest. My first projector was a Infocus LP425z connected to my PC for DVD playback (essential) and the films looked stunning.
    Your projector specs are better then that.
    In a light controlled room and using a HCPC as source, on a decent screen, you won't be disappointed.
    Also, you can have a cracking game of Quake!

5. wireman

wireman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your replies folks. I thought maybe it was more for the office than for home but being my first dabble into the projector scene i'm sure i'll have some fun with it. The seller said that it's only used ten hours of lamp life so luckily i've still got 990 or so hours left before it costs me any more. More advice needed when i plug it in i think but till the thanks again.