EPP Portal - Used/second hand TVs?

petercolling

Novice Member
Hi There,

I've bought an N94A 75'' using the EPP portal and received it today. It came with a few marks on the back of the tv, as you can see below and I'm afraid of keeping it, as it looks like "use marks".

Does anyone know if that's the reason for the discount? The products are used/second hand? What is your experience with EPP portal?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6148.jpg
    IMG_6148.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6153.jpg
    IMG_6153.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6160.jpg
    IMG_6160.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6163.jpg
    IMG_6163.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6171.jpg
    IMG_6171.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6176.jpg
    IMG_6176.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6177.jpg
    IMG_6177.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6179.jpg
    IMG_6179.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6181.jpg
    IMG_6181.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 22

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I had to Google “EPP Portal“ to see what it is.
There is no mention of the products supplied being used or B grade.
More info is required...did you unbox it yourself? Did it come in a factory sealed box and was the remote control sealed in a plastic bag with the batteries separately wrapped/sealed?

rhodri

Hi, I also received mine from EPP last week. A few marks on the back but they appear to be from the foam or plastic - they wiped off easily.
TV arrived fully packaged, all the plastic on the screen and edges etc, I'm confident it's brand new.
Mine is also a qn94a 75"

FWIW I've just submitted a request for the 5 year extended warranty with Samsung. Not sure if it will come through as EPP is exempt but worth a go.

Cheers

petercolling

Novice Member
Hi, I also received mine from EPP last week. A few marks on the back but they appear to be from the foam or plastic - they wiped off easily.
TV arrived fully packaged, all the plastic on the screen and edges etc, I'm confident it's brand new.
Mine is also a qn94a 75"

FWIW I've just submitted a request for the 5 year extended warranty with Samsung. Not sure if it will come through as EPP is exempt but worth a go.

Cheers
Hey good to know!

Mine had a few marks in the remote control too, so that why I sent it back. Have you got any news from the extended warranty?

rhodri

not yet - had the initial email to say successfully done, but still waiting on full confirmation and even then it will be hit/miss if a future claim works or not! Was a risk I decided to take as the price is very good on EPP.
Got to wait until 1st May to claim the £500 cashback from Samsung. Really hope no issues with that.

As for the TV - ran a quick screen test on youtube and happy with the results. Black levels are very good, minimal blooming and no noticeable DSE, so I'll be keeping it :)

petercolling

Novice Member
Yeah, I tested the tv too, had a bit of a dirty screen effect on the sides and I compared the black levels with my LG C1 77". Obviously is not the same, but it's very very very close.

Did you also get the tv for £1,874 + £500 cashback? £1,374 is a steal for this tv!

rhodri

yea that's right, great price and I just pray the cashback happens! I don't have an OLED to compare with (was so close to buying the C1 but got swayed by this, especially as the room is a little brighter than most) but LOVE the picture!!
I really hope they send another one to you with no marks. Again, mine had a couple of 'blemishes' but they wiped off quite easily so put it down to the packaging. Everything else appears brand new :)

Gambit1977

I had to Google “EPP Portal“ to see what it is.
There is no mention of the products supplied being used or B grade.
More info is required...did you unbox it yourself? Did it come in a factory sealed box and was the remote control sealed in a plastic bag with the batteries separately wrapped/sealed?
I'm still none the wiser tbh. All I can see is a Samsung Employee Programme?

Gambit1977

yup, that's it. It's a site for employees and partners of Samsung. I have access through work and my wife also gets access through bluelightcard.
Ah, ok that makes sense then. Seems pretty decent! I always wish I'd just taken a job in tech, i'd be so much better off! :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom