1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPOS M12 positioning

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Nichop, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Nichop

Nichop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've just had a listen to the EPOS M12s (up against the PMC DB1) and they are lovely. Such a pure smooth natural sound. Problem is the positioning. I listened to them on stands in an open space whereas my environment requires them to be fairly close to the back wall (3 inches max) and on some MDF cabinets.
    Does anyone have any experience of these speakers in such close proximity to a back wall ? Also what is the best way to isolate the speaker from the MDF cabinet ?

Nick

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I may be missing something but why didn't you move the speakers back against the wall so that you could hear for yourself what they sounded like.

3. Nichop

Nichop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hehe, yep I was waiting for that one and deservedly too. I did explain the setup to the guys at the Hifi shop but there was no offer to move the speakers. It was end of the day and I got the impression it was all a bit of a rush however I should have insisted. They have offered to lend them to me and I will probably take them up on this offer however, I was just interested to know of other's experience.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Maybe your hints were too subtle. The "can you move them closer to the wall, please" approach tends to sort the men from the boys. In any event whatever they may or may not have sounded like in the demo room you can't beat a trial in your own home partnered with your own equipment and if this is what they have offered you should definately take them up on the offer

5. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Completely agree. However, the Epos speakers are excellent speakers are really deserve some good stands. Placing speakers close to a rear wall will increases the bass output but at the expensive of imaging and some midrange quality. It is a compromise.