Episodes from Liberty City for PS3 appears on SimplyGames

Can't see the date/link - blocked due to firewall...

However I think i care :confused: At least i quite liked GTA4, and some of us still play it (almost) every Thursday, so yeah i'd get the episodes if they came out for the PS3.

I am more looking forwards to Red Dead Redemption, so they better get their groove along if they want people to buy this before their next game!

gtaepisodesfromlibertycity.jpg
Yesterday our friends over at PlayStation Lifestyle reported that SimplyGames.com had a listing which stated the supposed Xbox 360 title Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City would be coming to the PlayStation 3.
Well today, SimplyGames have told Connected Consoles that the additional content for the epic title will be coming to the PS3. They told us;
"We can confirm that the details on our website are correct and that this title will be released on the Playstation 3 in the near future. We have had to remove this title from sale for a short period. As soon as this title is available to pre-order we will email you with all the details so you can get your order placed as soon as possible."
Fullscreen%20capture%2028012010%20191950.jpg
The game has been listed many, many times for PS3 in the past six months, but they turned out to be mistakes. But thankfully, SimplyGames have given PS3 gamers some extra 2010 delight, though we still await official word from Rockstar.

Don't care any more about it though, was expecting much more from a series that used to be great. Shame.

Its official, the facebook page for Rockstar has just announced it will be available for PS3 on Playstation Network and Windows Live on the 30th March 2010!

http://kotaku.com/5459329/grand-theft-auto-episodes-from-liberty-city-announced-for-ps3-and-pc

Kotaku mentions PS Network and disk versions available. I still have not finished the main story but will definately buy this, might even wait till its bargain bucket if I have not finished the main story.

Nice! Long time coming but I am glad it has! Now, where is Mass Effect..... :D

Last edited:
I'll definately buy this, love the GTA games even though I still have one thing to do on IV and it drives me bonkers. I missed 1 pigeon and have no clue which one it is!

To be honest i cant really see this doing that well.. even on the 360 it didn't do that greeat.. it's just to far passed the release of GTAIV. do people really care about getting the DLC now.. personally i dont.

To be honest i cant really see this doing that well.. even on the 360 it didn't do that greeat.. it's just to far passed the release of GTAIV. do people really care about getting the DLC now.. personally i dont.

average DLC? No.

2 brand new stories set in an existing GTA world that will total around 40 hours worth of play, before you add in things lie skydiving? Can't wait :cool:

Also, not sure where you got the idea that the DLC didnt perform well on 360, it's the most successful piece of DLC ever launched. About this time last year it was outselling most retail games across all platforms, including Killzone 2 in it's month of release.

FINALLY!!!

I've known about this for about a month now, and it's been quite difficult to keep schtum :p Friend of a friend of a friend jobby.. Still, good to hear, although 2 years after release, it's quite difficult to see it being a massive deal.

Oh, and I heard there will be 4 "packages" available.

Lost & Damned (PSN)
Gay Tony (PSN)
Episodes from LC (PSN)
Episodes from LC (Disc based)

FINALLY!!!

I've known about this for about a month now, and it's been quite difficult to keep schtum :p Friend of a friend of a friend jobby.. Still, good to hear, although 2 years after release, it's quite difficult to see it being a massive deal.

Oh, and I heard there will be 4 "packages" available.

Lost & Damned (PSN)
Gay Tony (PSN)
Episodes from LC (PSN)
Episodes from LC (Disc based)

Disc based for me! Can't wait :D

I'm glad they didn't go for an April 1st release date, or else an 'April Fool' rumour would spread the interweb!

If they were to improve the driving physics then I'd be tempted to get it!

Nice! I still have my GTA4 PS3 copy, finished the main story twice already.

1 x disc for me please :smashin:

I was speaking to a mate about this last month (when he bought it for the 360...yes I know very late).

He has not even cracked it open yet :eek: (I guess its cause he did buy 5 games at once though).

I can't wait to get this on the PS3 :smashin:

To be honest even if you are the most hardcore GTA IV fan I would really question the £29.99 price tag. The downloadable content is not very long - one of the episodes if about 5 hours of gameplay. I know there's two in there games in there for £29.99, but considering this was released on XBOX 360 for £24.99 I think it is a poor offer IMO.

Whatever happened to the "exclusive" GTA IV downloadable content that Microsoft payed millions for I will never know. It is beginning to look like that was a poor investment on their part.

New cars, new multiplayer modes (inc multiplayer base jumping :rotfl: ).

As Stinj said, play it most thursday nights online (ice cream truck races around the airport being the most played) I cannot wait for APC racing :clap: .

The only thing I would love to see Rockstar do now, is allow custom made racing circuits/cannonball runs.

New cars, new multiplayer modes (inc multiplayer base jumping :rotfl: ).

As Stinj said, play it most thursday nights online (ice cream truck races around the airport being the most played) I cannot wait for APC racing :clap: .

The only thing I would love to see Rockstar do now, is allow custom made racing circuits/cannonball runs.

I thought you could do cannonball runs already - admitidly from one set location to another but still you can pick any route you like.

Hmm, that took a while. To be honest it was bad enough waiting for the Fallout 3 DLC, not too sure if I can be bothered to get this. I guess the big kicker will be the price. If it's more than £15 then I'm not going to be interested.

Hmm, that took a while. To be honest it was bad enough waiting for the Fallout 3 DLC, not too sure if I can be bothered to get this. I guess the big kicker will be the price. If it's more than £15 then I'm not going to be interested.

I'll just wait a couple of months after release, the price will drop like a stone just like the Xbox version.

Whatever happened to the "exclusive" GTA IV downloadable content that Microsoft payed millions for I will never know. It is beginning to look like that was a poor investment on their part.
They paid something like 25 million for each piece of DLC, but the agreement was that they would recoup that cash from sales of the game or some of the cash would have to be paid back, kinda like a loan.

A timed exclusive is as good as a true exclusive in this case, because they wanted people who were buying a console to play GTA IV to choose the 360 as that's the only place you were going to be able to play the DLC. The same with the MW2 maps. They were announced as timed exclusives in the summer last year, but it wasn't until 2 months after the game was released that it was revealed that the exclusivity only lasts for 30 days. It's still job done in business terms.

The 2 episodes are great IMO. Better than the full game in some ways, so it's good that everyone will now be able to get their hands on them.

Darth terra said:
To be honest i cant really see this doing that well.. even on the 360 it didn't do that greeat..
It's at number 22 in the all format charts this week and that's 3 months after it was launched and digital downloads don't count towards the sales figures. GTA IV on the PS3 has gone up 8 places in the charts for last week, possibly due to this announcement, so I think it'll do well on the PS3 too.

It's at number 22 in the all format charts this week and that's 3 months after it was launched and digital downloads don't count towards the sales figures. GTA IV on the PS3 has gone up 8 places in the charts for last week, possibly due to this announcement, so I think it'll do well on the PS3 too.

Yeh, I am still playing through the main game, slowly and still loads to do. So I guess I can wait a few months for the Episodes.

The only bummer is I read that the soundtracks for GTAIV and the episodes if you install them from disk do not combine, yet they do if you use the DLC. :(

I want the disk really, which is a pain. Ah well.

The only bummer is I read that the soundtracks for GTAIV and the episodes if you install them from disk do not combine, yet they do if you use the DLC. :(
The upside to that is that the disc version adds 50 new songs (out of 150) that you wouldn't get if you bought the DLC. That's assuming that the PS3/PC versions will work in the same way as the 360 version of course.

The upside to that is that the disc version adds 50 new songs (out of 150) that you wouldn't get if you bought the DLC. That's assuming that the PS3/PC versions will work in the same way as the 360 version of course.

Yeh, I am assuming so also.

The disc version seems to have settled to about £25. Any word on pricing of the DLC? i'd hope its cheaper if you dont get the extra songs mentioned above...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom