Episodes (2010)

Watched the first 2 episodes last night and thought it was pretty good actually. I knew it wasn't going to be laugh out loud funny but had me smiling thorughout with quite a few very funny moments.

I'm definitely going to stick with it as it's my kind of comedy show and Matt Le Blanc is great in it :smashin:

I'm still undecided on this one. I've watched both episodes and I can say I enjoyed the second one more than the first but I can't help feeling that it's lacking substance.

While the actors are good (and I've been slightly surprised by Matt LeBlanc), the story seems a bit flat.

OK the 3rd episode for me was really good.

Some very funny parts I thought, I will be sticking with this till the end.

Episode 3 is the best yet. Cringe-worthing hilarity and laughs

On another note I hate the recap of previous events at the beginning. Can the BBC not edit that out?!

Another great episode, this is going from a not too great begining to being a must watch.

Matt Leblanc is very funny playing an exagerated version of himself

Only another 4 episodes to go though:(

I liked the 3rd more than the first two. The reason? Dick jokes. I laughed at every one of the dick related jokes.

The other bits; the producer eating, his non-interest in the programme etc just not funny.

this is going from a not too great begining to being a must watch.

I'm sticking with it, but I don't think its a must watch; i.e. I wouldn't recommed it to my work colleagues.

I enjoyed episode 3 too!

The pace picked up a little bit on it, and there seemed to be a few more funnier situations (like the Vegas plot).

Going to see this through - it's better than most that's out there!

Hi,

Just as I was about to discount EPISODES, and stop watching, the discussion in Vegas about Matt LeBlanc's appendage appears, and I'm finally laughing at the show! :clap:

The part when Beverly is trying to confront Matt about the script changes in his room, and he sits opposite her, with his legs wide apart, were brilliant! Ditto the end line "And my eyes are up here. I'm not meat!" :D

This may actually be worth sticking with. What a shame, though, it's taken two episodes to get to be funny. :(

Pooch

i've liked all three episodes so far. It's different from most comedies, and the first two episodes were more about character quirks than actual jokes, and I like the fact it's not all about the comedy. The scene with Matt in the car, talking about a UK show compared to a US show was very good. I agree the exec is annoying though, his scene where he was trying to undress his assistant was cringeworthy.

I can't see it doing well in the US though, the comedy is far too subtle.. is it actually a US show or a UK show?

i've liked all three episodes so far. It's different from most comedies, and the first two episodes were more about character quirks than actual jokes, and I like the fact it's not all about the comedy. The scene with Matt in the car, talking about a UK show compared to a US show was very good. I agree the exec is annoying though, his scene where he was trying to undress his assistant was cringeworthy.

I can't see it doing well in the US though, the comedy is far too subtle.. is it actually a US show or a UK show?

Labelled as a British American satirical sitcom

lol, covering all bases there then.. it's only got a short run so i guess it's more UK than US in that respect, but equally they could be testing the water before signing it up for a longer run.

it's also 29 minutes instead of 21 minutes which [29] is a more typical UK length..

Do you know that for sure? He might really be like that.

:)
Bri
After last night's episode I am not sure you want to be admitting things like that :rotfl:

it's also 29 minutes instead of 21 minutes which [29] is a more typical UK length..
just like most other US premium cable half-hour(ish) comedy/comedy drama .. they'll be ad-free on the likes of HBO and Showtime

Looks like I'm going against the grain a little, but 3rd was on par with the 2nd for me, but that's not a particularly bad thing. I agree with Matt regards keeping one gag going for too long ;)

The part when Beverly is trying to confront Matt about the script changes in his room, and he sits opposite her, with his legs wide apart, were brilliant! Ditto the end line "And my eyes are up here. I'm not meat!" :D

Looks like we've found the level that the show needs to be funny!

I love this show 3rd episode was brilliant

4th episode for me just got better.

I've enjoyed all the episodes but now the further in we go the funnier it gets !

M L is just really good in this.

I'm watching the show and looking forward to tonight's episode :)
Mangan & Grieg are good together, not quite up to Green Wing standards, but still worth a watch.
Agree it's getting better as it goes on.

Liked the fourth episode too, Matt LeBlanc is simply great right now

I think it is really hitting the nail on the head as well. I am watching Apprentice USA on BBC right now and eugh, cannot believe what they have done. Trump gesticulating in front of his convertible and private jet, all the contestants names flashing up one-by-one, with a theme song backing like it is a cop show. I don't know whether to cringe or be offended Americans go for that crap

Yep, I really enjoyed this episode, Matt and Betsy had some great moments, like his genuine disappointment when she turns up at the bar :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom