1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

episode 2 trailer

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by meva, Nov 5, 2001.

1. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Anyone else see the episode 2 trailer on. cbbc newsround, bit of a disappointment, not much to it. Looks like they have cgi'd yoda for the new film

2. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Technically it was a teaser, not a trailer, there's a 2 minute trailer arriving next Friday (think) focussing on the romance aspect of the film, and a full blown trailer arriving after that, attatched to Harry Potter apparently... I can't wait, Jango Fett, Jedi's kicking ass, Ms Portman getting felt up.... i could go on and on like a raving fanboy but.. wait.. sh!t..

3. I J S

I J S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I must be honest I loved it.It did exactly what a good teaser is supposed to do - set the tone of the movie and leave you wanting more.As anticipated the film looks much darker in tone than Episode 1 and I loved the shot of Jango Fett.Cool stuff!

There's an exclusive teaser-trailer out on the 9th for those with TPM dvd and dvdrom access via an exclusive wesite and then the full blown 2 minute Trailer that Luc refers to will be out on The 16th.

Oh happy days!

:D :D :D :D :D

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lets hope episode 2 is a better film than the dismal episode 1..I dont think George Lucas has advanced in his techniques since the `70`s ...c.g.i. is NOT enough to carry a film any more.
    Doug..

5. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    ???????????
    not sure what you mean?

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What I mean is that in 1977 it was fun with some good effects(though the story was pony even then!!).
    But everyone`s using great c.g.i.effects now-
    People have become almost blase about c.g.i.now-its no longer enough to carry a film(like in `77).
    Episode one-bar more advanced special effects-did not improve in any way opon any of the previous star war films.
    It was just lucas using the same old `77 formula..goodie/baddie/master/princess/loveable robots and aliens,light sabre duals-sound familiar?
    In short he broke no new ground...
    Doug

7. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Besides the overly use of CGI in "normal" movies has not done any of them any good.
    I still rate T2 as one of the best there is, I can hardly see what's CGI or real, specifically during the change from liquid robot to human or vice versa.
    Most other films including JP (II & III) fall short as do most other movies (e.g. Speed 2 - the boat crash), they just take the cheap way out but this becomes too visible.

I think that even now some films would look better if they used models or puppets instead of CGI ...

8. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    would have to agree with that, cgi should only really be used when its not the main focus and have more detail than is deemd necessary in order that it doesn't look fakie. Cgi should not have atention drawn to it. it should be there, but not noticeable. At least until techniques have advanced significantly.

9. dk_terror

dk_terror

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, a lot of the time CGI sticks out because it just looks TOO crisp.

10. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Doug for your reply, I agree a bit about CGI, I think I prefer a muppet Yoda.
    Not sure I agree with the rest of your sentiments but I've given up arguing over the Phantom Menace. I loved it, not as good as Star Wars or Empire but better than Return of the Jedi
    Besides we all know the best film that came out in 1977 was Annie Hall.

11. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm somewhat annoyed at the way the trailer is presented.

IE the only version you can save is the larger version which requires quicktime 5 pro (which you have to purchase).

The other versions are just streaming media, and do not stay resident in your cache.

Does anyone no of an alternative site where I can download a high res version that I can save?

12. CPointon

CPointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I did have it...

But then it went.

Easy come easy go.

13. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    the semi-proper trailer is now available if you've got the TPM dvd, of if you haven't, from here >> http://drkhwk.net/ep2 . One word. SWeeeeeeEEET.

14. CPointon

CPointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That tiny little 'Mystery' trailer beats Episode 1 hands down. Best reason for buying the DVD!

It's got Fett in it! It's got Slave 1 in it! The rest of the film can be dire but who cares when you have the best baddy ever, finally getting his turn in the spotlight?!

15. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Even if it is Jango, and not Boba. =] 2 minutes of film and it already looks better than TPM. i've watched the Mystery trailer more times than i've watched the whole of TPM.

16. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know when the ep2 trailer will be on tv again?

I would love to know so that I can set my video..;)

17. CPointon

CPointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually... Jango and Boba are...

Well... I won't spoil it for anyone who might not know.

The clue's in the title.

18. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hello all!
    Does anyone have another link for the Mystery trailer? The previous one's dead.
    I tried getting it using the DVD but the download only lasted a couple of seconds & unsuprisingly I didn't get any picture.
    Cheers, Paul.

19. Griggsy

Griggsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Try checking www.movie-list.com they should have all the ep2 trailers available for download.

20. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    WoW! Tonight we have been watching the forbidden love trailer on a 6 foot screen in pro-logic. This episode 2 trailer is amazing,all of you who can connect your computers to your projectors, DO IT!, download the hi-res mpeg from movie-list and enjoy.

21. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it all looked so promising, but then came that damned 'Forbidden Love' trailer and every hope I had went straight down the toilet. Lucas still has mastered the art of directing actors or writing dialogue, and the whole thing is starting to look just as disjointed and messy as The Phantom Menace. Still, there's still time beofre the worldwide release next year for him to prove me wrong.

22. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And obviously I meant 'hasn't mastered' in my last post.
    Another busy day takes its toll on my brain.

23. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Anton,
    Good acting and dialogue in a Star Wars movie? Lucas has always written awful dialogue and I think the actors do their best.Do you expect fillet steak when you go to Burger King?

24. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No I don't, but then I don't eat at Burger King. As for the criticism about acting and directing, well he might not do either very well, but at least Lucas had the good sense to hand two of the original films over to other people who did have a little bit more interest in performances than he seems to. There's a perfectly valid place for pure escapism in the cinema, but it shouldn't just be about overblown CGI effects, and I'm sorry to say it, but the majority of the Forbidden Love trailer looked little better than an episode of Home and Away!

But of course, at the end of the day I'm just being a tad hypocritical as I'll still be in the que on opening day to catch the movie. It would be just be nice to not be disappointed this time around.

25. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Good points Anton, but I didn't think the dialogue or performances were any worse in the Phantom Menace than in Empire or ROTJ (apart from Jake Lloyd maybe, but he is a nipper) I think Lucas is a terrific director, he just can't write dialogue, Robert DeNiro being directed by Martin Scorcese would struggle with it. You should try a double Whopper with cheese sometime though.

26. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +833
    You could probably take out the dialogue and get away with just music, isnt this what John Williams said about the original trilogy in an interview?

Then again, we wouldnt have had such lines as " You dont know the power of the dark side!" etc etc...............

cheers