• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Epic Ordeal

leckie

Ok, so this is more of a vent than anything. I bought an LG 50PS3000 last week from Currys but on getting it home the TV suffered from extremely bad IR and it was having issues with 24p so off back to Currys I went and got a refund (something which was handled very well by Currys).

I then decided to pony up the extra for a 50" Panasonic G10 which got delivered today. All seemed well, they came about 9:30 as expected and the box looked fine. It wasn't until they were gone and I opened the box that my problems started, right away I could see that the TV had been used before, nothing was packed properly and a quick glance at the screen showed no protective cover.
I got right on the phone to the Panasonic Shop where I bought it and they stated nothing could be done today because they were so busy but what they would do would get a brand new one out to me on Tuesday. I wasn't delighted by this but I accepted and they had stated I could use that TV in the mean time so I started unboxing it.

Here's the kicker though, when I pulled the TV out I noticed it wasn't even a 50inch but a 42! The box clearly stated 50. Back on the phone to the Panasonic Shop and they are apparently going to chase this up with Panasonic as they receive the TV direct from them.

Playing with the 42inch though there is a marked improvement over the LG although I have noticed slight phosphor trails while playing Batman.

Ok, so this is more of a vent than anything. I bought an LG 50PS3000 last week from Currys but on getting it home the TV suffered from extremely bad IR and it was having issues with 24p so off back to Currys I went and got a refund (something which was handled very well by Currys).

I then decided to pony up the extra for a 50" Panasonic G10 which got delivered today. All seemed well, they came about 9:30 as expected and the box looked fine. It wasn't until they were gone and I opened the box that my problems started, right away I could see that the TV had been used before, nothing was packed properly and a quick glance at the screen showed no protective cover.
I got right on the phone to the Panasonic Shop where I bought it and they stated nothing could be done today because they were so busy but what they would do would get a brand new one out to me on Tuesday. I wasn't delighted by this but I accepted and they had stated I could use that TV in the mean time so I started unboxing it.

Here's the kicker though, when I pulled the TV out I noticed it wasn't even a 50inch but a 42! The box clearly stated 50. Back on the phone to the Panasonic Shop and they are apparently going to chase this up with Panasonic as they receive the TV direct from them.

Playing with the 42inch though there is a marked improvement over the LG although I have noticed slight phosphor trails while playing Batman.

They are telling you porkies - Panasonic dont rebox screens - its obviously a return or repair... Get a refund and go somewhere else as they are taking the mick... just imagine if you have a fault will they be too busy to sort that out in the future...

These days there is so many retailers that you can pick and choose and myself I would choose the retailer who will bend over backwards to sort out a problem like this -

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom