1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPIA & wXGA

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jameson_uk, Jul 24, 2005.

1. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    I have got my EPIA MII all running (I need to change that 40mm Fan though )

I have it plugged into my widescreen LCD TV via VGA cable but I can't figure out if I can get the PC to run in widescreen. (1280 x 768 I think is the native res)

I have read somewhere that I can do it but only if Windows recognises that the TV is widescreen. I am just getting "plug and play monitor" and I can not figure out how to change it. It is a Toshiba TV and there are no drivers on their website.

Would powerstrip force it into widescreen ??

2. potto

potto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I fear that it may be something to do with the graphics chip drivers. I had one built in chipset that just would not display widescreen... so had to install a new card

3. Maff et1

Maff et1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try installing powerstrip - http://www.entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm - it managed to force my machine into widescreen when I had a 4:3 monitor and 16:9 PJ plugged in.

Failing that you can use the change monitor function on display properties to load the inf file for a widescreen monitor, or untick the 'Hide Modes this monitor cannot handle' box.