1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPG sky+ 1.30.q on V2?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by stroppygoblin, Aug 31, 2005.

1. stroppygoblin

stroppygoblin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone have 'insider' knowledge of when we will see v2 upgrades? (I *really* want to get rid of that damn red dot :mad: )

2. TrevP

TrevP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :boring: :boring:
    Well you can....it only takes a press of the backup button !!!!

3. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    I did the BACKUP button/power up thing, even got the message about not tocuhing box during the download, but I still have the RED button !! Permanently (unless I hit BACKUP)

What am I doing wrong?

4. TrevP

TrevP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends what box you have. Not all boxes have the upgrade yet....even by doing the 'manual' upgrade will not work, if Sky haven't got the upgrade ready to download for your box. My legacy digibox has the upgrade, however my Pace Sky+ v2 box has not. Just be patient. Why are people so impatient ? It will happen when it happens. Hundreds have died in New Orleans / Missisippi recently and all some are worried about here is a bloody software upgrade. Get a life people. :mad:

5. Roger G Cam

Roger G Cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are a couple of posts in "the other place" that suggest September 6th or "Mid September". First is from a Sky employee and the second is an email from Alan Sugar.

The V1's got theirs last week (or was it the week before) so this makes sense.

Not all that certain if the 160's are due to go aat the same time - haven't seen any posts that suggest that they do but they must be soon after.

Roger

6. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Updates historically take place on Tuesdays. It didn't happen this week, so look out for 7th Sept ! :smashin:

7. ruttiger

ruttiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My advice would be for V2 owners to not get too excited about the new upgrade. On my V1 box the red still stays on screen a long enough time for me to hit "back up" just as frequently as before. On top of that channel changing, the planner and the tv guide are all dog slow now :suicide: .

Maybe it will be better on V2 boxes but I'd rather go back to the last release to be honest.

8. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    TrevP

I am not impatient regarding this upgrade. All I was pointing out was that I had not received it yet and trying a single 'manual' upgrade did not work either. But it was not the end of my world as you suggested.

I realise that there are other major things happening in the world, but don't really see the significance of this to my digibox.

Your life here doesn't stop because of a hurricane in the US. Or all the other bad things that happen in the world on a daily basis. Think you were being a tad melodramatic.

9. ParmMann

ParmMann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I have to admit, I am a tad bit impatient.

I want the upgrade because knowing my luck, I'll end up getting it the day before they release the HD box :rotfl:

10. stroppygoblin

stroppygoblin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well said SOK, far more polite than the original response I had planned to send.... :devil: This is a forum for discussing AV topics, the content of which should not be determined by non relevant world events.

This update isn't "the be all and end all" of my life, however it would remove the problem of coming home from work to discover my kids playing outside, having left sky+ on the plasma with a damn red dot on it for the last 2 hours!!! (before any of you non parenting members comment, it's easier to train a gerbil to press backup (or turn a TV off) than a small child :(