EPG ? S95

The vast majority of budget brand TV's sold here in the UK have Amazon Prime, Netflix and YouTube dedicated buttons on their remote control.
They are there not because of any commercial deal but purely for quick access and convenience.
So is Samsung now a budget brand?
I don't believe that about the remote control buttons. As soon as you switch on the TV the shortcuts are right in your face on the screen. You can't avoid them. They even force you back to the screen they're on after performing most minor functions.

So is Samsung now a budget brand?
I don't believe that about the remote control buttons. As soon as you switch on the TV the shortcuts are right in your face on the screen. You can't avoid them. They even force you back to the screen they're on after performing most minor functions.
I didn’t say Samsung was a budget brand.
Most brands of TV's these days have a Home Screen with the apps “in your face”.

It's whatever the preference of the user isn't it?

I get the feeling that even if the remote controls were made programmable, they still wouldn't allow you to deactivate those Amazon and Netflix buttons. At least you can delete (or hide) all the Samsung TV Plus channels. Has anybody ever found even a single programme that they would ever watch on any of those?
I'm assuming that invasive ads must have become so prevalent in the US that nobody even notices them any more.
Have only briefly looked at Samsung TV Plus, so unsure if it has useful contact.

Going back to the original topic, I can confirm that remote BN59-01315M is also compatible with the QN90B for anybody else who reads this topic and is looking for a solution to Samsung's removal of the EPG button.

Delete

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom