Dismiss Notice
We're migrating the forum software to the next major version and this will require the site to be down for the best part of Monday 16th.
More details here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

EPG question????????

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Daviao, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Daviao

Daviao
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do any DVD recorder models have an EPG that can be set to automatically record every episode of a particular series?

Dave

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Don't believe so, as the EPG would need to have a flag that the recorder would be able to distinguish between it and other recordings.
    If I'm right, the timer just monitors the time set for the channel wanting to be recorded, so if the show happened to start an hour earlier one week, I don't think the recorder would know that, and tape the show at the normal time.
    I could be wrong, and there is more sophistication than I give the system.designers credit for, but I'd be pleasantly surprised to learn if that was indeed the case.
    If you asked any of the CS from whichever company's product you were interested in, they'd probably say yes since they'd assume the show starts at the same time each week. Not the case if you were recording Spooks on BBC1 - Monday and Tuesday for the opening 2 episodes, then a 2 week break, then switched to Thursdays.
    That'd need to have been some system to have caught that for you - and I just don't think we're there yet.

3. Daviao

Daviao
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info.. I guess this facility is only available on sky +

4. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    yeah a real annoying non-feature on the freeview boxes. you would think that as these boxes have the technology built in capable of controlling smart-link equipment, that it would have this useful feature!

5. dmpoole

dmpoole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    With the Pioneer 530 you could program one episode with the Guideplus and then edit that program to record every week at the same time.