Question EPG not available on Sony RDR-HXD870, suddenly

Bob Hawkins

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have had my Sony RDR-HXD870 for ten years. I have had an issue with "D---" displaying from time to time. It seems to relate to a newly found channel and the channels have to be replaced, which usually resolves the issue. This occurred last week but "D---" continues to display following each new startup. One solution that has been found to work is to press the stop button plus the power button on the device, itself, and to replace channels following startup. What I am presented with now, however, is 'TITLE LIST' not occupying the full width of the screen and 'GUIDE' displaying "Guide Plus+", suggesting analogue only. I am unable to display the EPG guide following various different attempts.

Last edited:
My problem with Guide Plus+ is solved, at least. I telephoned Sony UK and between a very pleasant technical support technician and me, we discovered the problem: Initial Setup/Basic/EPG Type Select showed "GUIDE Plus+" highlighted instead of "Guide (Digital)". How that happened is anyone's guess. The shape of 'TITLE LIST' remains an issue in not filling the screen. I thought I had found the answer, perhaps, when selecting 16:9 as the format in Easy Setup but no, unfortunately.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom