• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

EPG and Repeats

Bagnall

Standard Member
I'm running a Humax 9200T. Does anyone know who supplies the EPG data? Is it possible to show information on whether a programme is a repeat or not? This would be very useful.

son_t

Freeview provides the EPG data (I suppose each channel will provide their own programme synopsis data), as it is a Freeview+ certified box.

I'm afraid the programme synopsis do not carry such 'repeat' info any more, if it ever did. One thing that has always annoyed me along with the lack of repeat info, is for movies they hardly ever publish the lead actors or director in the synopsis... :mad:

Last edited:

prking

Each broadcaster provides the data for its own channels. This is then collated centrally and broadcast continuously.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
Repeats are a very thorny subject for the broadcasters.

That's why they prefer to call them "Another chance to see", thereby making out that they are doing US a favour! :devil:

Bagnall

Standard Member
Freeview provides the EPG data (I suppose each channel will provide their own programme synopsis data), as it is a Freeview+ certified box.

I'm afraid the programme synopsis do not carry such 'repeat' info any more, if it ever did. One thing that has always annoyed me along with the lack of repeat info, is for movies they hardly ever publish the lead actors or director in the synopsis... :mad:

Thanks son_t, I would also like to see film classifications in there so I know what's OK for my young son. I suppose anything before the watershed. I hope the EPG writers might read this and add more info.

MarkE19

Adding metadata to an EPG costs a lot in time and therefore money, so I doubt there will ever be everything we want in a free EPG service.
I use a TiVo that has a paid for EPG that does have a repeat flag and extensive actor/director info in the listing so I can set up recordings based on any of the info - ie all films directed by Steven Spielberg or first runs only etc etc. But as I say this all comes at a cost - I paid £400 for the TiVo and then £200 for a lifetime EPG sub, but could have opted to pay £10 per month for the EPG :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom