Ep4000

funb0b

Probably a school boy error.

I get a large hum (not massive but very audible) when connected to my AVR via the the phono(sub out) to phono 1/4 jack(mono) adaptor in to the EP4000, and nothing else!

I have checked with another lead and the same result!

Can anyone advise what is the best way to connect to the AVR please.

Also the fan is very annoying as its on constantly, has anyone just disconnected fan? As I doubt it would ever get that hot with our kind of use?

Please help!

Thanks

B

basshead

Probably a school boy error.

I get a large hum (not massive but very audible) when connected to my AVR via the the phono(sub out) to phono 1/4 jack(mono) adaptor in to the EP4000, and nothing else!

I have checked with another lead and the same result!

Can anyone advise what is the best way to connect to the AVR please.

Also the fan is very annoying as its on constantly, has anyone just disconnected fan? As I doubt it would ever get that hot with our kind of use?

Please help!

Thanks
Humming could either be a ground loop or poor quality shielding.

Cheap cables have poor quality shielding I have experienced and induce noise and hum.

Also if signal cables overlap mains cables that can induce noise/hum sometimes.
And coiling up signal cables creates noise/hum as that creates inductance.

As for the fan, since that amp is really powerful, it most likely will need a fan. But you could swap it for an ultra quiet pc type fan, just make sure it's the right voltage and ampage.

However if got that amp from new and it's still under warranty, opening it will void the warranty.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom