• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

EP35 What i'm i doing wrong ?

signs

Banned
I'm sure I've asked this a thousand times...but , i have just come to watch Harry Potter "Chamber of secrets " (all £1.99 at gamestation) with the kids and i can't get True HD sound ,select hd sound from menu and i get nothing :( sound wise all the rest are fine .

i have selected DVD on the onkyo then turned the EP on but still nothing :(

cheers

Rob

signs

Banned
the settings are ..

Audio settings for the Ep-35 are:

Digital Out SPDIF: Bitstream
Digital Out HDMI: Auto
Direct Digital Audio Mode: Off
Dynamic Range Control: Auto
Dialogue Enhancement: Off

Settings on Onkyo 605:

HDMI Monitor: Yes
Last Mode Preset: all set at last valid.

i still can't get the Onkyo to light up true hd , stange as i have just tried it again with letters from Iwo Jima (fine a few weeks back) and it now just says PCM Multi channel :(

Last edited:

mushk1n

I think you may need the latest firmware:

"A firmware update for the TX-SR605 is now available through Onkyo's Independent Regional Service Centers. "

This update will address the product's ability to decode the Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD High Resolution and Master Audio bit stream signals.

Hope that helps.

Viking61

I think "Direct Digital Audio Mode" should be set to On.

Getgaff

^

Yep, 'Direct Digital Audio Mode' needs to be set to 'ON'. And set the 'Dynamic Range Control' to 'OFF' otherwise it may sound rather strained.

signs

Banned
cheers sorted , for most of my films ,but it seems Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets is a bit of an odd one as i still get no sound on True HD , the player flashes it up ,then nothing :( picture just no sounds :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom