• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Eon Energy Fit Monitor 2010

Angus L

Standard Member
Does anyone have a fix for the software that goes with the new monitor that E.On have brought out. I keep getting sql and install problems.

Help would be wonderful:)

Last edited:

super7

Established Member
Finally got my Energy Fit kit yesterday. The hardware is an absolute breze to set-up, but the software refuses to work.

I can launch the application, but then get loads of 'sql' error popups.

Did they not test it :rolleyes:

super7

Established Member
Sorry... Win 7 32-bit Home Premium

Wendymlings4spi

Standard Member
I have just spent many hours over the last 4 weeks trying to install the EON software on a Vista system. The support people have had me going round and round in circles and appear not to understand their own installation software.
I would be interested to know if anyone has successfully installed on Vista.

Coolcool

Standard Member
Also make sure you are logged in with administrator priviledges, as sometimes some programs do not install properly if not installed with administrator rights.

davidgreentwin

Standard Member
I have been trying to instal this software for over 3 weeks and my desktop Pc uses Windows XP Home Edition. It successfully installed on my laptop using Home Vista. I have exchanged emails about 8 times and had 3 brief telephone calls. They insist on using Email and will not attempt to assist over the phone. I extracted an admission that Eon are overwhelmed with customer requests for help.
if I find a solution I will post it here immediately.
If any one can give me a fools guide on the steps to resolve this issue I would be most grateful.
Switching Firewall off didn't help.
I get the message SQL Server Service failed to start.
I have printed 25 pages of emails and eon help pages so far. Save the Planet !!!

keithix

Standard Member
I called the helpline 0800 092 9106 having been unable to download the data. I was sent an email giving details on the uninstall procedure and a link to download updated software 323Mb). Very time consuming but finally it seems to be working OK.

Here are the instructions from Eon:

If I could please get you to use the uninstall template I have attached to completely uninstall the software.
Once you have done this if you could then restart your computer.
Upon restarting your computer if you could please wire up your internet connection so that there is no packet loss during the transfer and try installing the software from the website again:
http://www.eonenergy.com/At-Home/?WT.svl=3 Click At home.
Products and Services
Then on the left hand side click on Electricity and Gas products
Under that in the grey menu, click on Energy fit
Then under that click on Energy Fit Software.

Attachments

• Uninstall Template.pdf
    327.3 KB · Views: 1,801

exepress

Standard Member
I have just got the free energyfit monitor from eon. No problems installing and everything works in general terms, but I have a software problem I think.

The screen display seems odd. The chart showing energy use is partially obscured by the red buttons saying 'home' 'download' etc. The buttons intrude into the graph area so I can't see the axis along the bottom. Also some detail options on the right are obscured. It seems as though the frame with the graph in is either too small or set as background so the foreground info sits on top and partially obscures the data.

Is this a known issue? Can anyone suggest a fix? Many thanks

Windows 7 64bit

A

aquaben

I have just got the free energyfit monitor from eon. No problems installing and everything works in general terms, but I have a software problem I think.

The screen display seems odd. The chart showing energy use is partially obscured by the red buttons saying 'home' 'download' etc. The buttons intrude into the graph area so I can't see the axis along the bottom. Also some detail options on the right are obscured. It seems as though the frame with the graph in is either too small or set as background so the foreground info sits on top and partially obscures the data.

Is this a known issue? Can anyone suggest a fix? Many thanks

Windows 7 64bit

I Have exactly same problem. I use OPERA browser rather than IE8. But I did a fresh re-install (after full un-install) with IE8 as the default browser (but it made no difference). Maybe there is a setting inside the flash software - any got any suggestions - or anyone fixed the problem?

Thank you.

A

aquaben

Change the windows default text size to 100% (mine was previously the default windows7 125% on a 1920*1080 display). This requires logoff/on again and the energyfit software is now correctly formatted and all icons and graphs are correctly visible (not obscured and overlapping).
IMHO This is just poor programming in the flash application - you would think EON would have made more of an effort to idiot proof the software given its target audience!

IE installing on windows7 with default settings makes the display unusable.

exepress

Standard Member
Will try suggested fixes. But thought you might be interested in information from eon a few weeks ago. They said that the software won't work on Windows 7. They asked whether I had acces to a Windows XP machine. They would email me when a Windows 7 version was available! I got the impression that there was a long list of people to be emailed. Still waiting . . . . Amazing that they seem not to have tested their software, and whether there were any installation problems, before distributing it.

A

aquaben

Hi. I can confirm I am using Windows 7 with not much other stuff installed (used as media centre PC) and the EON software downloaded from the web as version 1.1 installed and works fine (now that I have chnged the display to use 100% font size instead of the default 125%. Also worth noting that at low resolutions you get other similar display problems. I have downloaded data a few times and it seems to be correct (ie not over writing exisiting data or losing it, just seems to add the next few days onto the chart correctly).
So not sure why they say it isnt supported - probably just that they havent tested it or havent realised what causes the display problem!! :O)
Cheers.

V F

Established Member
I seem to have lost the disc for this and sadly neither of the links above work. Whats the reason the software isn't available for download? it seems impossible to find on E.ON's website.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom