Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

eny advice

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by DR.J, Jan 23, 2005.

1. DR.J

DR.J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    i have been reading posts on the fourms for a few weeks and find the info a great help . I am hoping to get the final part of my setup the tv . i have a sony RDR-GX700 DVD recorder/ sony ht-k25 home theater system/ telewest feed/ ps2 .and would be gratefull for eny sugetions as to what would work well with the rest of my stuff.i have looked at both plasma and rp dlp and liked both the panasonic and seagem 45 (waiting to read review)i have had and returned a sony kf-42sx300 lcd rp due to incasistant picture quality .i must say the sony shop were 100% helpfull and had no problems in returning the tv and they even said they i might be able to try a tv in my home for a week before i buy i feel this is a sevice we should get evrywhere when spending large amount of money thought i realize its not very practical .and i feel there are better products for cheaper prices .also should i consider HDTV when buying a tv. i was told in commet whilst looking at the seagem 50 hdtv demo that sky already do hdtv iz this true as i cant find eny info on there web site .eny sugestions or advice as to whitch tv i would be very greatfull .once again great site

2. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,434
    Sky wont have HDTV untill 2006. Well trained staf at Commet. :blush:

3. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The sagem 50 is not getting a fix for its HDCP problem.
    Definately wait untill there is a review or plenty of feedback from forum members on the sagem 45. Should be on sale early Feb
    Your new DLP could last up to 20 years u have to replace the bulb every 3 or 4 years
    The optoma is rated at 10,000 hours.If u don't get a set that is HDCP complient ur taking a gamble.