entry level vaio

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by d_rainey, Jan 18, 2008.

1. d_rainey

d_rainey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    https://www.sonystyle.co.uk/SonySty...=recommendations&forward=showcua&bc_search=r2

thinking about buying the new entry level vaio, dont know much about laptops, is this a good spec?

Intel® Centrino® Duo processor technology with Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T5450 (1.66 GHz and 667 MHz FSB) and Intel® PRO/Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n
    Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (English version)
    250 GB Serial ATA 5400 rpm hard disk drive
    2 GB DDR2-667 SDRAM (2 x 1024 MB - no free slots available), maximum 4 GB DDR2-667 SDRAM - in the case of 4GB, a portion of the system memory over 3GB might not be available to the operating system
    15.4" WXGA (1280 x 800) X-black LCD
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400M GT graphics processing unit with Total Available Graphics Memory of 895 MB and dedicated Video Memory of 128 MB
    DVD±RW/±R DL/RAM drive
    Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
    4 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 ports
    UK QWERTY keyboard

£649

2. theone

theone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've got the VGN-N11S and can't fault it. Your spec if definately better than mine and you should have no probs, as long as you don't want to play Crysis at full spec you should be more than OK!

I use mine for Web Browsing, email, mp3's, MKV HD vids, divx and a lot of Football Manager!

3. M3ZZR

M3ZZR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I got the N31S,

TBH, their over rated.. first thing I did with mine was to strip it down and have a look inside, it's actually quite shocking to see how much empty space is in there.

We get really cheap parts to fix laptops in work, and I must say, Sony Vaio parts are really really really expensive as well..