Entry Level Setup Onkyo Tx-Sr506 & which speakers ???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by LukLaguna, Mar 12, 2013.

1. LukLaguna

LukLaguna
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone.

Finally finished our living room upgrade inc floating wall and is time to upgrade cinema.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My previous system was Samsung 5.1 and after 4 years die and now only plays mp3 through USB. Bought Onkyo TX-SR506 maybe not best av receiver on market but for 50quid can't go wrong and looking for some speakers to build 5.1 system.
    I know Diamonds 9.1 have good review but large and can i use them as front and rear speakers??? or will be better to use Diamonds 9.1 on front and get different for rear. Also all speakers will be fitted on the wall ;)
    As entry level i would choose second hand speakers so 100-150quid on front and rear and same on sub & center speaker.

So will be better to look for 5.1 sorround speaker system or buy individual speakers?

Going to connect sky box/ ps3/xbox so going to use this system daily for watching movies/music and sometime for games.

Any advice gratefully received!

What u people think about Mission M30i as front and rear speakers??? will this work with this receiver ???

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,438
    Do you mean in the wall or on the wall? If in the wall then look for inwall speakers since the diamonds are not going to sound good built into the wall. If mounting on the wall then get some proper brackets. The 9.1 will be fine as fronts and rears although you may struggle to get the matching centre.