• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Entry Level Help! Newbie here

X88RED

Novice Member
Hello!

Not sure if anyone can help me. But I'm totally lost as to what projector I should go for. Basically I'm after the best entry level projector you can get for your buck. It needs to be able to deal with full HD gaming (PS4) and be capable of playing Blu Rays movies. I would also like a projector that has good daylight capabilities, able to be mounted to the celling (If I ever get round to it) and capable of a good size at a short distance.

Now the Benq W1070 keeps coming up but it seems that this was released a few years ago.. Not sure if there is anything out there better than this currently for around that £500 price range?

Thank you!
Redmond

illogicology

Standard Member
I'm going to be one of those obnoxious people who suggests something that doesn't quite meet your requirements, however, you'll be able to meet most of your requirements for an excellent price if you consider dropping to a 720p projector instead. I use a PS4 through an Optima H180x, which has excellent daylight performance, is ceiling mountable and looks great projected on a screen or just a game room wall. The picture quality is phenomenal for the price, and I hear the updated model (H181x) is just as good. Models in this area usually go for around £300, and will often beat a budget 1080p projector on colour, contrast etc.

hippy240980

You can get an optoma hd141x for £399 in amazon and a couple of other shops at the moment. It's full hd 1080p, 3d capable and is similar to the benq w1070.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom