• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

entry level 1080p ?

tabs

with to many 1080p PJ's hitting the market at a grand and under, im thinking of upgrading my HD75 .... i have no problem with it in the "picture" dept, but what i want to improve on is the "crisp'ness" of the focus'ing.

as with most pj's the focus'ing is a bit of a swine, you know, like .. its nearly there, nealry there .. booger its out of focus again :D

so todays question is ... which 1080p (up to a grand would have the better focusing option) ? :thumbsup:

p.s. DLP of course :smashin:

tabs

I am looking at the Infocus X10. It has one of the sharpest picture of all DLPs.

has it really, hmmmmm ..... very tempting, the only thing that puts me of infocus pj's is the noise, my mate has the 76 and the noise is very noticeable.

does the X10 focus on the "ring" type or have they came up with something better ? .. just a thought :smashin:

E

evilcharles

This is a very interesting question to me, too. I'm currently using an Optoma 720p DLP projector but want to go up to 1080p b/c I want to get the most out of my new BluRay/PS3 system (and the screen door effect is killing me).
Why is DLP superior to LCD (as the original poster obviously thinks)?

I just saw that the Sanyo PLV-1080HD is coming out November 1st. With 1080p, a 10,000:1 contrast ratio and a price tag of $1599 (on Amazon) this is looking like a pretty good option. It's LCD though and I don't know if/why that's bad.
Now, previously I had an Acer PH730 which was great (got stolen), can't find them anymore, replaced it with this Optoma (and jesus that screen door effect is unnerving) but now, gotta have 1080p.

And PLEASE tell me once I spend $1600 or more on a 1080p I will lose the godforsaken screen door effect.

I'm trying not to spend over $2,000 and, of course, the less I spend the better.
I checked out the Infocus X10 and it looks like it sells for about $2200. Trying to stay below that.

tabs

Why is DLP superior to LCD (as the original poster obviously thinks)?
b

i had a sanyo Z5 LCD previous to the HD75, i was never happy with it to be honest, it just didnt cut the mustard for me, blu ray was great, but gaming was awfull ... no matter how much tweeking i could throw at it, it was just well ... [email protected] :(

i then took a risk with the 75 and the difference was truly amazing, and personaly i will never go back to LCD :)

E

evilcharles

What, specifically, was inferior about the LCD? And do you think it was that specific projector or LCD projectors as a whole?
Have you come across any good possible projectors since starting your search for a low-cost 1080p?

tabs

What, specifically, was inferior about the LCD? And do you think it was that specific projector or LCD projectors as a whole?
Have you come across any good possible projectors since starting your search for a low-cost 1080p?

i would'nt say LCD in inferior, if you suffer from RBE then your options do become limited, like i mentioned blu ray was stunning with my Z5 but gaming and standard def stuff was no way better than DLP and i will argue that one till im blue in the kisser :D

it was so bad i thought i had a faulty one and returned it, recieved a new one and it was still as bad :(

ive only just begun searching out 1080p jobbys ... ive read a few reveiws about the X10 which all do say is stunningly sharp,, but wont win any awards in the blacks and shadows and noise dept

black and shadow levels im not to fussed about, if you start being bothered about those, its just a matter of time before the men in white coats appear at your door, but the sharpness is my main gripe, so i reckon i will go for the X10 ....

i just gotta find out whos the cheapest now .... :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom