Entre moving coil cartridge

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Tel2904, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Tel2904

Tel2904

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been given an entre moving coil cartridge, does anyone know anything about them?

2. martyn miles

martyn miles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. i've owned one since 1978 and have had new styli fitted by Expert Pickups. I still love the Entre's sound. it's just SO musical... I used an Ortofon MC20 for a while, but it didn't suit my system as well as the Entre. Martyn Miles .

3. Yellow Peril

Yellow Peril
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Martyn, I know this is an old post but I've only just found it. I'm given to understand that the Entre was reasonably expensive when new - is that correct and roughly how much? Also how much did it cost to have yours refurbished, mine needs doing and I'm currently running an Ortofon Red MM, which is nice but doesn't have the subtly of the Entre.

4. Mariogert

Mariogert
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Yellow Peril,
    Expert Stylus can help or A.J. van den Hul who has done many Entré 's for me.
    I still have a EC1, EC10, EC20, EC35, EC25sp and EC25 mono. All medium compliance so lots of choice in tonearm combo's with air bearing the best spatiality and rendering.
    Back in 1978 these were rare birds along with Musashino Audiolab (early Koetsu's). I bought my first EC20 in 1978 in Zwitserland from a small Japanese Export firm and still have one as you see. I still love their sound in combinatio with the ET-100 MC transformer which is one of the better trannies still.
    Keep it and have it retipped, enjoy the music.

5. Yellow Peril

Yellow Peril
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I'll contact them for a price.