1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entertainment PC SetUp

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by johndj1, Apr 9, 2005.

1. johndj1

johndj1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit of advice needed if poss, or a pointer in a good resource to help me out.

I'm going to integrate an entertainment pc into my av set up which is currently Sky+ connected to a Denon 3802 via optical and my plasma s-video (but planning to upgrade to component. I also watch divx etc when I plug my laptop into my plasma via the vga connex.

My requirement is pretty simple and that is to plumb in my entertainment PC so that I can copy across from the Sky+ box onto the PC preferably with digital sound. My ability to watch programmes can still be via the RGB connection and digital out into my receiver/amp, but it would be nice to future-proof it with a DVI Output.

Has anyone got any thoughts or pointers as to what would be best to achieve this without having to get up every five mins to swap cables around?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

D :lease: :lease: :lease: