1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enterprise!!!!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Jacob, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Jacob

Jacob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've really enjoyed Enterprise (despite it's negative press on this forum!) however what a disappointing way to end the series!

Talk about not going out with a bang!

Riker looked liked he could do with some sleep and a few less pies! Although I liked Deanna in her all in one!!

2. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +912
    It was a complete cop out - the whole series wasnt particularly wonderful but the finale was just pitiful - appart from anything else the "Next Gen" bit was from a previous episode and both the characters look completly different - with Troy looking particularly old.

Quite frankly im glad its over

3. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Complete POS. I was warned in the penultimate episode thread, but what a crap cop out. I just couldn't believe how it seemed so badly thrown together. Thank God it's all over.

4. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I quite liked it, it felt like star trek more than it has done for a long while. i would have liked some plotlines closed, but it could be left open like this for a movie? 6 years is a long time in star trek.

5. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Jolene Blalock appears to have been quite right.

Most of the story is mindnumbingly tedious. I seem to remember even Voyager going out with something of a bang. The Riker-as-chef scenes were pointless and time wasting. All they did was blather on about nothing for half the episode and chop carrots.

They evenmanaged to kill off a main character and forgot to make you actaully to give a crap about it. Killed by a short circuit? Great.

Thanks Berman & Braga.

6. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    It was a big let down to what had been a pretty good season. The 'next gen' thing was completely unnecessary as was the major character death.

John

7. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Absolute garbage! I enjoyed Enterprise but the "finale" was dire. A shame to finish a show in such an abysmally disappointing fashion.

8. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,508

I cant even remember how it ended, it must of been bad :confused:

9. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Right.

Now although not the best startrek episode it did have a few good points.

Seeing the TNG Enterprise was good as was the montage at the end. Archer embracing T'POL was also quite good.

IT really did have potential to be a good final goodbye but was let down mainly buy having a story that really did not tie in to the main series.

Not as bad as I was lead to belive, but no where near as good as it should have been.

I have said it before, and I will say it again.

Bring back kirk.

below is from bring back kirk.com.

7/24/05

Star Trek XI Rumors - Could Feature TOS Characters?

From Gustavo Leao at Trekweb:

Several rumors about the STAR TREK XI prequel movie have appeared today on the net, rumors that TrekWeb has been unable to officially confirm or deny.

According to the latest issue of STAR TREK Magazine, just out in the UK, Paramount bosses have hinted that the prequel may be filmed in Australia, according to a claim made by the Premier of South Australia, Mike Rann, when he opened the Australian Star Trek convention, Terra Nova, back in April
    "Mr Rann had been with Paramount Pictures executives at a dinner in Adelaide the day before our convention," Stuart Blair, President of the United Federation of Planets Fan Club of South Australia told Star Trek Magazine. Although that meeting was primarily about Paramount's upcoming film of Edgar Rice Burroughs' PRINCESS OF MARS, Paramount execs apparently also revealed they were also considering shooting the next STAR TREK film in Australia.

STAR TREK Magazine reader Carol Dale, who was at the event says the Premier also revealed some of the next film's plot.

"STAR TREK XI will be set in the very near future," Carol reports. "2010 to be exact. A time when the Earth has been almost destroyed by nuclear war, when our saviours from the future arrive."

"The story is to be set over two movies," Carol continued. "As to who will star nothing was said, but it was inferred that Spock was a must. But if they are bringing help from the future it leaves it open to star any and all of the STAR TREK casts from all the shows."

To read the full article, get the latest issue of STAR TREK Magazine at your local newstand.

This information is preliminary, of course, and entirely rumor.

What's interesting about this rumor, is that it could coincide with the February rumors that Shatner was approached to appear in Star Trek XI. Don't take these rumors too seriously right now, but keep them in mind!

7/24/05

Article - BOLDLY GONE: Shatner's Latest Trek

A great article written by Jim Smith at Shiny Shelf:

BOLDLY GONE: Shatner's Last Trek

We live, as anyone with the slightest grasp on pop culture knows, in an era of Shatner renaissance. He has a new album out (one that everybody likes) his charitable work is finally being recognised and he has been awarded two of American television’s most prestigious acting awards. More importantly these gongs (an Emmy and a Golden Globe) haven’t been given out for long service or recognition of the man’s status as an icon, they’ve been presented for his new ongoing role in ’Boston Legal’ (nee ‘The Practice’). They’re awards that recognise not just the talent and longevity of the man but also his renewed prominence and a singular, distinctive performance of wit and verve.

One of the big geek-stories of the first quarter of this year was the head-popping possibility that the Shatner renaissance would be allowed to collide with the creative renaissance over on ‘Star Trek: Enterprise’ that it had coincidentally occured at the same time. Shatner was keen to work on the show, having come up with a plot for an episode that he would like to appear in (Shatner has written several novels about Kirk in recent years). We could, we believed, have been looking at the holy grail of ‘Star Trek’ – the return of Captain Kirk (he was killed off, movingly but unspectacularly, in the seventh theatrical ‘Trek’ movie ‘Generations’). The idea had such prominence that there were reports of a promo shown to programme buyers making reference to it and it was known that the concept had got beyond discussions and into negotiations. These subsequently fell apart over issues related to money (i.e. Paramount are mean).

‘Enterprise' showrunner Manny Coto recently announced to a convention audience what the prospective plots for the ‘Kirk’ episodes were. Yes, that’s ‘plots’ as there was more than one idea on the table. One would have seen Shatner playing a time-travelling Mirror Kirk (the evil doppelganger he played in all time greatest ‘Trek’ episode ‘Mirror, Mirror’ and has written about in his novels since) who escapes from a prison planet and tries to return to his own reality, clashing with Scott Bakula’s noble Jonathan Archer in the process. The other (devised by ‘Enterprise’ staffer Mike Sussman) would have seen Shatner play the NX-01’s Chef, who would turn out to be an ancestor of Kirk’s. Chef would find himself called upon to impersonate the future legend in a time-travelling comedy plot involving the Temporal Cold War and the enigmatic Crewman Daniels.

Unlike some I actually think both of these would have made fine episodes – there’s a great farce behind Sussman’s notion and the idea of Bakula teaching Shatner how to be the Captain of the Enterprise is appealingly incongrous. Looking at the other notion, viewers of 'Classic Trek' will know that Shatner can do evil as well as he does great screen heroism and the idea of him as a maniacal villain facing off against Bakula's intense explorer/hero is enticing. Both men are great TV stars and it would have been an engaging contest.

However both ideas, while radically different to one another, have one basic thing in common. They both sidestep the actual return of the hero of the original 'Star Trek', Captain James Tiberius Kirk, opting instead in favour of a substitute/avatar. The problem is that a simple return is basically what most people tuning in (even those who haven’t seen, or don’t know of, ‘Generations’) would have expected to see.

While an evil-Kirk centred mirror universe two parter would have been (based on the evidence of the brilliant production afforded ‘In a Mirror, Darkly’) an inevitable delight, it’s hard to shift the notion that it would have been a missed opportunity. The idea of Shatner as evil-Kirk (or comedy Kirk) is compelling, but it’s not as compelling as the idea of the return of the real thing. (An enticing possibility, though, is a potential twist where the real Kirk would have turned up to trounce his evil doppelganger at the story’s conclusion). What we have in the real world is a frustratingly missed open goal. Had the alternative ‘In a Mirror, Darkly’ been made then we’d have been looking at pretty much the same thing.

The death of ‘Modern Trek’ means that the property needs a re-launch. There’s now a second opportunity to collide the Shatner renaissance with the role that made him a star. The most plausible, and most likely to succeed, relaunch for ‘Trek’ would be one that tapped in, as firmly as possible, to the goodwill extended by such a large percentage of viewers to the original, classic, proper ‘Star Trek’ of the 1960s.

With DeForest Kelley and Gene Roddenberry sadly gone and Leonard Nimoy firmly retired there’s really only one sensible option, especially when the wrongs of the end of ‘Generations’ are still there to be righted. “ ‘Star Trek – The Return of Captain Kirk’ your Monday night original movie here on SpikeTV”. You know it. It’s the only way. Are you listening Paramount?

You should be.​

Dave.

10. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +912
    The only redeeming feature in the whole episode was the bit with all three enterprise captains quoting the famous "these are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise"

Almost poignant

11. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    It was actually better than I thought it was going to be.

The Riker "chef" scenes were a total waste of space.

The TNG Enterprise looked absolutely wonderful in its CGI glory.

Loved the montage at the end.

Shame. First time in 18 years, that there are no new episodes of Trek being made.

Lets hope they give it a rest for a couple of years, and bring it back to a Trek-hungry public, invigorated and re-generated.

12. mattym

mattym
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    i was disappointed, this last season has been some of the best trek for a long while(berman/braga free episodes)and what happens in the final episode? Berman/braga come on up and stick the boot in.

Shame, but i look forward to new trek at some point in the future.

13. BorisTheBlade

BorisTheBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For me the last episode of Enterprise killed off what was a very good season 4. All that effort they put in the last season was for nothing.

They done there very best in trying to tie some loss ends in TOS. I.E the Kilgons.

The last episode sucked for many reasons:-

It was set at the time of TNG episode about the Pegasus. The whole story was about (what I could make of it) Riker trying to make a discussion about telling Pichard about the prototype cloaked Fed ship. Why not make the holodeck program on the Enterpise E not D. Make more sence with both Troy and Riker being older. Then trying to make them younger which did not work at all.

The sets the used for the Enterprise D was crap. You could tell that it was a new set that was made in 5 mins.

They kill off Trip who was the best developed person

You do not see Archer's (so called) important speech

It was a TNG episode not Enterprise episode.

It was not even a 2 parter. Dam, even Voyager seemed rushed at the end but at least it went out with a bang, and with a reasonable ending.

Hope, they get together and make a mini series to finish the series off right seeing that a new season is out of the question. The same they did with Farscape.

14. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    SPOILERS:

Absolute dross, only very marginally better than the "Bobby Ewing shower scene" ending that it was originally rumoured to be!

Trip's death was poorly and unnecessarily done. Call me a soppy romantic, but didn't the previous episode infer that given time, he and T'Pol could have had a real human/Vulcan baby hence paving the way for mixed species marriages/ Spock etc? (BTW, in that episode, why did the bad guy use Trip's DNA to make the cloned baby? They could have "stolen" anyones!)

Worst of all, I have watched the vast majority of TNG episodes over the years and I completely fail to remember the Pegasus episode. I thought they were on Riker's own ship, post-Nemesis and was confused when they referred to cloaking devices as The Defiant had one years before!

If I, as a fairly interested ST fan, had no recollection of that episode, guess how many other viewers were left perplexed by this, so called, finale!

Easily the worst ending of any ST series. Even more depressing than Dax's death at the end of DS9...

15. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214

Note on the TNG episode that ties in with enterprise.

Pegasus (episode #164) Summary Recap Trivia & Quotes Cast Reviews « Previous Episode | Next Episode »
    Originally aired: Monday January 10, 1994 on Syndicated

Writer: Ronald D. Moore
    Director: LeVar Burton
    Guest Stars: Terry O'Quinn (Admiral Eric Pressman) , Nancy Vawter (Admiral Blackwell)
    Production Code: 264

Stardate: 47457.1

Riker is placed on a covert mission to find the missing starship he was once a member aboard, but the mission holds a secret that could destroy the peace treaty between the Federation and the Romulans.
    Edit Episode Summary Episode Allusions
    Title, ship name Pegasus
    The vessel was named for Greek mythology's famous winged horse who is supposed to have sprung from the severed neck of Medusa. (Edit)

More Allusions | AddEpisode Notes
    The Pegasus is an Oberth Class starship. (Edit)

The "Phasing Cloak" employed by the Pegasus harkens back to "The Next Phase" in which Geordi and Ensign Ro unwittingly become involved in the Romulans experiments with similar technology. (Edit)

This episode attempts to lay to rest the recurring questions about why the Federation never developed cloaking technology of its own. The episode states that this was the result of a treaty perhaps similar to the ABM treaty in which the United States and the Soviet Union agreed not to develop defenses against each other's ICBMs. (Edit)

The finale of Star Trek: Enterprise, "These Are the Voyages...", is derived from this episode. In it, Riker visits the holodeck in-between scenes occurring in this episode as he attempts to resolve his inner conflicts over Pressman's orders. (Edit)

The Pegasus was suppose to be an Ambassdor class starship, but the budget would not allow it. Thus the Grissom model was used. (Edit)

More Notes | AddEpisode Trivia
    At time index 10:04 some woman walks behind Riker's head. Ten seconds later you see a short close-up of Will, and the same woman walks behind him in the same place in the same direction. Conclusion: it's the same shot. (Edit)

Riker tells Pressman that he decided to start growing a beard four years ago. It's closer to six years ago. (Edit)

Riker says there was a massive explosion in the Engineering section of the Pegasus, but when they beam in to that area there's no damage. (Edit)

Picard tells Pressman he'll abort their trip into the asteroid if the tunnel narrows to 500 meters - however, according to various official technical specs the saucer section is 560 meters wide. (Edit)

The Pegasus is described as a prototype ship, meaning it's the first of her class. However, when we finally see the Pegasus, she's obviously an Oberth-class starship - which is over 80 years old! (Edit)​

Also written by Ron More Of new Battlestar fame :smashin:

Dave

16. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks, that's a fairly comprehensive reply! Although my point was that a huge percentage of viewers wouldn't have remembered the Pegasus story and would have been left, like me, wondering what the hell happened.
    And they never referred to the ship they were on as the Enterprise and never showed its insignia, so I was left to believe for ages that it was Riker's new ship, the Titan or whatever.

Anyway, can anyone PM me details of where I might be able to find the last episode of the three part Through a Mirror Darkly story? (Along with simple instructions! ;) )
    IMO, that was the most enjoyable story of this series as the cast were able to really play against their normal characters. It's just a shame Sky decided to show Part 3 without telling us it was on straight after Part 2 and Sky+ failed to series link it.

17. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214

Its only a two part story. :)

The sceond part ends quite quickly, but it is defenatly the end.

list of all 4th season episodeds.

Storm Front (1)
    Storm Front, Part II
    Home
    Borderland (1)
    Cold Station 12 (2)
    The Augments (3)
    The Forge (1)
    Awakening (2)
    Kir'Shara (3)
    Daedalus
    Observer Effect
    Babel One (1)
    United (2)
    The Aenar (3)
    Affliction (1)
    Divergence (2)
    Bound
    In a Mirror, Darkly
    In a Mirror, Darkly, Part II (2
    )
    Demons (1)
    Terra Prime (2)
    These Are the Voyages ...​

18. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Had me worried there, thought I'd missed an episode...

John

19. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You're kidding?!

You mean it ended with...

SPOILER!

Hot evil Sato declaring herself Empress?

That's ridiculous, it didn't even feel remotely like an ending!
    So with no interaction between our universe, that was a completely pointless story.

Or did it tie some loose ends up with a classic Trek episode? (Mirror, mirror or The Tholian Web maybe?) If so, again TOO OBSCURE!

20. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    yep, thats exactly how it ended. An interesting but ultimately pointless episode.

21. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,298
    I havent watched TNG for many years but I clearly remembered the Pegasus episode so knew what Riker was trying to decide and them being on an old style holodeck and wearing the old style uniforms kind of gave away the fact that the episode was set in the past and not post Nemesis.

22. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Well, I watched the last episode over the weekend and have to agree with everyone, it was crap. Killing Trip was a cheap shot, they needed some sort of drama (God knows they weren't going to find it in the kitchen). Some obvious points

Why was it suddenly 7 years later (though no one had changed apart from Sato getting a new hairstyle)?
    How did the aliens get on board?
    Why did Trip go so over the top to protect Archer?
    Why did they split Trip and T'Pol up when they could have made the first Human/Vulcan marriage part of the overall story?

Not as bad an ending as the Voyager ending, all that time travel crap is such a cop out. Should have just killed of Janeway in a self sacrafice to get the ship home. Now that would have been a worthwhile killing off of a major character.

23. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,508
    Diana looked really fat :eek:

A little tellie tubbie in a star fllet uniform :rotfl:

24. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Both riker and troi also looked a hell of a lot older than they were supposed to be. Now I know that is unavoidable, but my point is that ,this is one of the reasons that they should not have even done this story :(

25. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Exactly! They may as well have set the story on Riker's new ship. There was no relevance to the Pegasus story.

BTW, I liked the Voyager finale, a lot less depressing than the DS9 one, a lot more "finale" than the NG one and infinitely better than the Enterprise one.

26. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    HeHe :D

That's what I thought, but seeing as I used to fancy her i just thought it was me.

27. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

yes but Farscape needed tying up, was a fantastic series which didn't deserve to be cancelled unlike Enterprise, had characters and storylines that developed the show and finally had a fan base that were willing to fight for their show

My final verdict of enterprise was season one and two crap, season three was good and showed promise and season four was crap

28. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,508
    Idoexist :hiya:

Same here :devil:

Dave :hiya:

Your right Troi and Rikker were very plump. I thought they would of tried to loose some weight for the screen. I think Rikker had a man corsit on? :D

29. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Razor, Troi wouldn't have needed to read my mind to know what was going on :devil: :devil:

Now I'm losing the plot for someone my age. I should know better.

30. Jacob

Jacob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How exactly do they know all of the conversations that went on aboard Enterprise on that last mission! Are they filming everything!! Is it Big Brother in disguise! (the reference to "Big" obviosuly not referring to either Riker or Troi!!)

Also, by Riker involving himself in the plot, wouldn't he possibly change the outcome!!