Enterprise : Star Trek (a time to re-evaluate)

I've now finished season 3 and thoroughly enjoyed it which was a pleasant surprise after the first 2. Am now up to S4 E4 and the standard remains high. :thumbsup:

Goodness knows why Im watching them of air when I have the blu ray set although round that time Im in one room then the other so not sitting down to fully appreciate it.
Anyway last nights was better than the night before. Vulcans trying emotions and one ends up
mind rape of T'Pol. Before the offender
Archer starts of pleasant to them and then gives him a right dressing down that gets the Vulcan angry and tosses Archer about, but Archer may ahead of him, I wish he shot the toe rag.
no means no:nono:

Watched the episode Shuttlepod One and anybody watching the series for the first time and dropped in on this one it put them off for life. Trip and Reed trapped in a shuttle pod with limited air and think was worse than that blood eagle execution on the Vikings it was sheer agony Reed being whiney and Trip cranky and telling Reed if he did not shut up he get cranky(boy could have fooled me you was not before that statement).
There been many great or good two man survival story's, Enemy Mine, UFO episode Survival and DS9 Odo and Quark in The Accent, but this no way. Skip it.
I can kinda agree to some of that but i didn't actually hate the episode overall, i think i just quite like these types of episodes.
However i think the one with Trip and the alien stranded on a planet is a better take on this.
Maybe if Reed and Trip weren't stuck in such a small shuttlepod but something larger could have made for a much better episode.

End of season 1 with the time cold war story going into season 2 and a nice Vulcan secret first contact with Earth although last night was a bit of standard fare about the mines.
did they get that far inside the mine field when when they could see them they littered all round them and too so long to get back out.

Good grief no wonder if anyone only saw this one Enterprise they not watch any more silly story about the crew offended some race (Porthos peed on a tree) so would not give them some tech, also a pathogen is killing the dog, but still got 6.8 on IMDB :eek:

Good grief no wonder if anyone only saw this one Enterprise they not watch any more silly story about the crew offended some race (Porthos peed on a tree) so would not give them some tech, also a pathogen is killing the dog, but still got 6.8 on IMDB :eek:

I don't remember that episode. Is it as bad as TNGs Wesley stepping on some grass?

I don't remember that episode. Is it as bad as TNGs Wesley stepping on some grass?
Depends which is worse being trod on or peed on :laugh:
Worse it was abysmal, although there were some funny lines in Phlox implying Archer was attracted to T'Pol and next time Archer chats with her fluffs his line mentioning her breast and lips.
e.g.
Captain Jonathan Archer : [Speakng to T'Pol] No... it's OK. When you get back to the bridge, why don't you send me your lips.

[horrified pause]

Captain Jonathan Archer : LIST! LIST!

And some Phlox chat

Captain Jonathan Archer : If Porthos pulls through, will he need... a special diet or treatments, having a chameleon's pituitary gland?

Dr. Phlox : Hm... You may have trouble finding him. He'll have the ability to blend into his background when frightened.

Captain Jonathan Archer : You're kidding.

Dr. Phlox : Yes, I am. Ha-ha-ha.

and

Captain Jonathan Archer : You're gonna drown my dog?
Dr. Phlox : Only for an hour, Captain. There should be no problem resuscitating him once the surgery's complete.
Captain Jonathan Archer : How many times have you done this before?
Dr. Phlox : Never.
Captain Jonathan Archer : [alarmed] Has anyone done this before?
Dr. Phlox : Not to my knowledge.

Think what dragged it down what Archer had to do to apologized for the peeing of the tree.

Had to laugh at tonight's Enterprise of all days with the Harry and Meg interview last night.
Archer I wonder if a Vulcan and Human had a child if it have pointed ears.
I wonder if that classed as un PC albeit fiction.:rolleyes::)

Pretty sure tonight's episode and tomorrows repeats were there some fall out from one of the films, I wont say what but pretty obvious what it is early doors.
Doctor Phlox in real life stars in this episode as Rooney.

Last nights was a so so episode but lifted by having Andreas Katsulas in it who you knew was in it hearing it over a channel rather than him on Enterprise screen.
Also the last act was pretty well done.
Trips interference with an other culture for the best reasons, but turned out to cause a double tragedy.

Back when Enterprise first came out, I decided to give it a miss. This was, firstly, due to me being quite busy at the time and needing to be choosy about what I should dedicate myself to watching, and secondly, I knew a few Trek snobs who really hated the series.

I recently watched DS9 (another show that I didn't watch when it came out), and fell in love with it (now my favourite the the ST shows), so decided to give Enterprise a go.

I'm currently watching the first season and am enjoying it. Some meh episodes, but not that terrible, but there are a few good ones in there. I'm certainly enjoying Enterprise a lot more than my foray into Discovery, that's for sure. Maybe my watching Discovery has made me more forgiving. ;)

So, I'm now in the process of kicking myself for not watching DS9 and Enterprise a lot more sooner than I have.

Last edited:
Seasons 3 & 4 are where it really starts to get good. Continuing story arcs, multi-part episodes hailing back to older trek as well.

Lots to like... maybe not the finale.

@Gort I wouldn't watch the final episode if I were you. You won't be missing anything. Its truly awful.

@Gort I wouldn't watch the final episode if I were you. You won't be missing anything. Its truly awful.
Thanks for the warning, but I've heard that complaint before. For my sins, I'm a completist and a bit too curious for my good (I do know what happens, though, as the outrage amongst many Trek fans was too loud not to hear).

Thanks for the warning, but I've heard that complaint before. For my sins, I'm a completist and a bit too curious for my good (I do know what happens, though, as the outrage amongst many Trek fans was too loud not to hear).

After years of defending the last episode even the writer and director have now admitted they got it badly wrong and its really poor. Piss-poor is the way one described it.

Last edited:
After years of defending the last episode even the writer and director have now admitted they got it badly wrong and its really poor. Well, piss-poor is the way one described it.
From what I heard, it did seem like a cheap and terrible way to disrespect the fans and the actors.

Still, silly me will, like a masochist, endure it. :blush:

From what I heard, it did seem like a cheap and terrible way to disrespect the fans and the actors.

Still, silly me will, like a masochist, endure it. :blush:
I said many time on the forum like Lots wife watch the last episode at your peril.

Seasons 3 & 4 are where it really starts to get good. Continuing story arcs, multi-part episodes hailing back to older trek as well.

Lots to like... maybe not the finale.
Head up every one.

End of season 2 on tomorrow and that's the episode that you really want to watch as its consequences leads into season 3 arch story.

Phlox is just about the only person worth watching in Season 1 other than Scott Dracula.
Everyone else is an awkward mess.
It does get better... Well... a bit better... in a couple of seasons...
I always liked Trip who slightly reminds me of Bones, but always wondered why for a chief engineer he goes on most of the away missions Scotty occasionally did but not to the extent Trip does. Mind you the Captain should send subordinates rather than him going on them.

I always liked Trip who slightly reminds me of Bones, but always wondered why for a chief engineer he goes on most of the away missions Scotty occasionally did but not to the extent Trip does. Mind you the Captain should send subordinates rather than him going on them.
It's only coz Trip is besties with Archer and he gets nervy about away missions.
Trip is like Archer's emotional support companion.
What I'm saying is: it was take Trip or take Porthos.

I suppose it's my tastes, but I'm still finding Enterprise season one to be quite fine as Star Trek. It hasn't grabbed me like DS9 (Sisko with beard and onwards), but I'm finding it enjoyable and interesting.

Yesterday I watched Sleeping Dogs (1x14), and found it a reasonable episode that kept my attention. It did seem rushed at the end, in which I'd have liked to see a little bit more interaction with the Klingon woman and Archer and crew when in her ship, but other than that, it was fine.

Maybe my tastes aren't as discerning as I think, or Discovery has lowered my expectations. ;)

Last nights was a good one in season 3 Archer shows his anger unlike Kirk who seemed to gurn show his teeth and shout, Archer a cooler but more frightening anger and show how far he go if pushed, a bit like the start of the season
got fed up with just disabling a perusesing Klingon ship and obliterates it this episode tortures an alien to get info.
Some good incidental music to suit the action as well. The theme tune music been slightly jazzed up, although been better of they flipped it with the end title music.

8/5/10

Some major spoilers in here and recommend finishing off at 12 min (although there a lesser spoiler before that) in as it does include the plot line of Stargate Atlantis and more so the very last episode of Enterprise which I agree with the video needs to be rectified if brought back (some hope).
BTW of you played Diablo III Dominic Keating the voice of the Templar.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom