1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enterprise on 4 today

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Bada Bing, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Bada Bing

Bada Bing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Do you think the baddies today were an early incarnation of the borg? Or at least a species assimilated by them? Vertical scanners, tractor beams, and cutting through the ships hull?

2. Nike Swish

Nike Swish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which episode was it? I am not watching it on Ch4 as I watched it on Sky and am waiting for the box set until I watch them all again. ;)

3. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    One of the problems with Enterprise is that it isn't easy to see how the world depicted is going to change into the good old original series.

What sensible female crewmember is going to give up that eminently practical uniform and put on a mini skirt?

What will happen to the several alien races which Archer and Co have met but which Kirk and later captains show no signs of ever having heard of?

Why does the external design of Archer's ship have far more in common with Pickard's Enterprise than with Kirk's?

And why do Archer's people insist on referring to their vessel as "Enterprise" ("Let's get back to Enterprise!" etc) when all later generations talk (far more pleasingly) about the Enterprise?

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,017
    I did not get into the series of Enterprise, and only enjoyed about 4 stories in the this first season.
    I liked all the other incarnations of Star Trek, although DS9 was a bit hit, and miss at times, but had some strong stories. I can only hope the second series gets better with Enterprise.
    I do like watching it in W/S without the logo on CH4. Just might miss it on Sky next season and just watch it on CH4, unless the start doing silly things like they generally do with Sci-Fi.

Bert I wish they would call it Enterprise instead of Enerprise

5. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I think the pilot/cave/shapeshifter blob and the drunk eps were the best - although the pregnant one made for a laugh out loud moment. What did/does annoy about Enterprise is the way the English chap 'has' to be dummed down every so often by those good ol septics - I bet an Irsih/Scots or even Welsh character would be nigh on deified in contrast.
    On the pronounciation front in general in ST there were/are some really quite irritating ones, i.e. all the Borg ones (which I love) but characters insisted on saying feudal instead of futile - I wasn't aware that resistance was taxable - or that that emittors/motion constraints etc. were owned/conditioned by the petroleum giant Mobil anon.
    Still, some of the best tv has come from Gene Roddenberry's mind - with the exception of Andromeda, though in fairness he wasn't around to go what the fudge.

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,017
    Said it before, all the series after Voyager were not up to his standard, as I didn’t like Earth: Final Conflict, either.