Enterprise...is it filmed and broadcast in hi-def

laser

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I see that Enterprise is due out on DVD shortly but I'm sure I read somewhere that is it actually filmed in high definition. Does anyone know if it is and wether it is filmed in 1080i or 720p and whether it is actually broadcast in the US in HD.

Prior to season 4 the show was shot on 35 mm film, while the current and final season is being shot natively in 1080p/24. Enterprise began airing in high def at the beginning of season 3.

Cheers.

They switched from analog cameras to digital cameras. So im guessing the quality of the DVD releases will be high compared to other TV shows.
They still wont be hi def cos theres not enough space on a DVD for it, but im sure all the startrek box sets will get a re release in HD DVD or Blu Ray in a couple years.
These will im sure be Hi def.

Last night they aired Twilight", chosen as a fan favorite. It was the first time I saw this episode in HD (OTA). [SPOILER removed by admin :nono:] The CGI space battles and other effects outside the ship look the most impressive. In the interior shots they go for a slightly softer and grainy look that is impressive but is not too much better than you could expect on a DVD in 480p.

Its a sad month for HD in the USA. The last episode of Enterprise is airing and my Voom satellite service will stop broadcasting on April 30th. The very best HD service on the planet is no more.

Why is an HD service stopping? Thats weird considering HD is the way forward!?
Is it being replaced by another HD service?

From what I have read there has been a power struggle at board level about the value of a Dsat service especially one which has constantly lost money and faces ever stronger competition from other providers who are gearing up HD broadcasting.

While Voom under it's current ownership looks dead it's assets could very well go to other Dsat providers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom