1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enterprise has 4T embeded in it!!!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by MartinImber, Jan 5, 2004.

1. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Turned on the TV last night to watch Robot Wars - turned on the Twin to stop it recording - Twin was on C4 - Enterprise has restarted from before Christmas.

BUT IT HAS A ****ING GREAT BIG 4T ON IT:mad:

What are C4 playing at firstly Price Drop TV now a ********* logo on Enterprise - I didn't watch or record - I have set the repeat up to record and that better be clean:mad: :mad:

If BBC can run 3 and 4 normally logo free why can't C4 which everyone knows where it is:mad: :thumbsdow

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I watched this and HATED that logo it was so amatuerishly put there and blocking a large portion of the top left of the screen, i hope it goes back to its usual 6.30pm showings on sunday.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,211
    I can remember the first showing of Stargate on Ch4 and that showed it within the T4 programs. As you say great big T4 on the screen. They also it was a cut version of the version fit for TV broadcast but some one thought it fit to cut it further.

What the T4 is I do not know they just seem normal programs that are introduced by the same people which going back over 10 years ago was the job of a continuity announcer just before a program started. And the Stargate was the last in the T4 programs so why it had to be added in the T4 I do not know.

4. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    As you all know by now, I HATE LOGOS, I hate them with a passion.

I get more and more frustrated by them, they are getting bigger and more intrusive. Every TV Executive knows that they are not wanted by viewers, and how unpopular they are. But they just keep coming.

I HATE THEM

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,211
    The Sci-Fi channel are nearly always advertising an other program in their logo.eg Tremors Start Wed 7th of Jan 8pm. Plus they still have the Saturn type logo.

6. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I emailed their advertising department - the only email address I could find on the web site - and they need to know that viewers are turning off. This was a few weeks ago when I lost 64QAM muxes but not 16QAM at all (lost 2 programmes I was trying to record). They could go 16QAM but no lets add another stupid rubbish shopping channel.

C4 and ITV are so poor at this DTTV thing they should be threatened by ITC.

At least FV are fronted by the BBC - who are dropping logos like flies:smashin:

4T logo is more irritating than Ftn!.

BTW am I the only person who never watches ITV2?

7. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I've never watched ITV2 ever. :smashin:

8. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24

Oh!!!!!!!! how I wish that was true, they do keep having experimental periods on BBC Three where they drop the Logo, but sadly they always revert to having it in place.

The BBC has the most inconsistent policy of any Broadcaster, it is always present on Childrens programmes, CBBC or CBeebies, it is on BBC Three and BBC Four, but removed for Films, Drama and Concerts. I am grateful for it's removal but there are loads of mistakes, of course if it was to be removed completely then those mistakes could not happen.

I HATE LOGOS

9. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24

Oh!!!!!!!! how I wish that was true, they do keep having experimental periods on BBC Three where they drop the Logo, but sadly they always revert to having it in place.

The BBC has the most inconsistent policy of any Broadcaster, it is always present on Childrens programmes, CBBC or CBeebies, it is on BBC Three and BBC Four, but removed for Films, Drama and Concerts. I am grateful for it's removal but there are loads of mistakes, of course if it was to be removed completely then those mistakes could not happen.

I HATE LOGOS

If you ever complain to ITV2 about theirs, they will suggest you go and pass water elsewhere, they are the most stubborn and obnoxious of them all.

10. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,222
    No longer active- they have now been replaced by Offcom one of whose senior managers is my pseudo father-in-law.

Might have a word ;)

11. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24

Go on then, I issue a New Years challenge, ask him to persuade Broadcasters to realise that LOGOS are the bain of society and get them to remove them all.

If you can do this, I will love you forever and that's a promise.:clap: :clap: :clap: :smashin: :smashin:

P.S. We all have an EPG (on digital broadcasts) and that is all we need to inform us of which channel we have selected.

12. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    A complete ban on logos - great

CBBC makes me seasick but my children prefer CBeebies

13. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,211
    As well as logos I hate the squashing up of end title for them to show clips of what is on next and blathering on about it. Some of the kids programs either cut then completely or reduce them to a minuscule level that you cannot see anything just to get back to the studio to here 2 gob ****** whitter on about nothing of importance.

14. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Yep I hate that, also on kids shows (shown often) they cut the opening or end credits. Take Spongebob Squarepants for instance, I no longer get to sing:

#Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?# etc.

The song just goes to #Spongebob Squarepants, Spongebob Squarepants# etc

I hate that.

cosaw

15. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    cutting sponge bob is wrong, I love that animation

16. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24

I received a reply from the BBC to a letter of complaint about several things that were annoying me, this being one of them. Their reply was that very few people are actually interested in programme credits, as supporting evidence they pointed out that in a cinema as soon as the credits roll most people get up and leave, or at home they go to the loo or put the kettle on. I would guess they think Kids will be even less likely to watch them.

Or, which is what they don't want, people grabbing the remote and changing channels, so they have to do something to keep your attention to stop you doing that, and this is their way of doing it.

Another alternative is the annoying captions which ITV use, the OSNs (On Screen Nexts). TV execs know the importance of keeping their audience, it affects advertising revenue. I deplore the BBC for jumping on the bandwagon, after all they get the licence fee whether or not.

17. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,180
    Just a note, if you dont like logos on Enterprise, Andromida or Stargate, they are repeated Wednesday morning at about 2am onwards logo free and with much shorter adverts.

18. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,211
    Funny I never bothered when I was a child I always sat through them and took them to be an integral part of the program. I also gained a love of theme music from them. Many a time I picked up details from the end credit. Remember watching The Man From UNCLE and spotting the following: The makers wish to thank the members of U.N.C.L.E. for the assistance. And thinking ah they must exist.:blush:

On kids programs there is good info on the end credits such as who were the voices eg Spider-Man cartoon : Kingpin/Roscoe Lee Browne, Hobgoblin/Mark Hamill, Mira Furlan/Silver Sable oh and that guy from Roots who likes his bed warming Ed Asner as J. Jonah Jameson:devil:

19. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24

If this is true it makes a mockery of the channels telling us they are there to help us navigate in a mutichannel world.

I always knew they were lying Busterds.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

20. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,180
    It is true mate, they have been repeating Stargate and Enterprise early Wednesday morning for months, reading out of the Radio Times now...

2.40am = Enterprise (Stigma)
    3.25am = Andromeda (Bunker Hill)
    4.10am = Andromeda (Ouroborus)
    4.55am = Stargate SG-1 (Fail Safe)

The Enterprise episode is the one that was on sunday but the Stargate episode isnt and seeing as Andromeda wasent on at all sunday I have no idea if they are repeats or first runs.

21. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Many thanks for that, I'll set my video.

Why Logo free though, I'm not complaining, I'm eternally grateful that they do, it just seems a strange thing to do for channels which are so determined to muck it up usually.

22. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,180
    Well if a TV Show falls within Channel 4's T4 timeslot then they stick the T4 logo on it, as these repeats are nothing to do with T4 you wont get the logo and as it is late at night with hardly anyone watching, the adverts are quite short, sometimes only 15-20 seconds.

23. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +847
    Not sure if this what i saw, but anyway, i couldnt believe my eyes - about 5 minutes before the end of 'after they were famous (willy wonka kids - good programme), on ITV, they introduced a luvly long red retangle, with info of what was on next - what the fudge are things coming to!!:mad:

btw- i also hate everything mentioned.

Dean

24. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24

It's just me being just me, I got the wrong end of the stick and mistakenly thought they were on a Sky channel, of course if they are on 4 then they won't be Logoed.

One day I'll develop a brain, then I will be really dangerous.

Sorry for being too stupid to take part in discussions which are over my head.:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

25. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    This T4 idea is so stupid - they actually think they get more viewers by having a logo - morons!!!!

Perhaps Volvo could sue them:rotfl: :rotfl:

C4 are battling ITV to be worst big broadcaster at the moment