Enterprise Cancelled

dsw182

Established Member
Reaction score
Star Trek Enterprise has been cancelled by Paramount.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/020205_04.shtml

Not a great surprise but now it's official. I've really liked the latest series so, possibly it's best, but the US ratings were too low for it to survive.

Hopefully this will stir things up a bit for the franchise and it will return at some point in the future with new showrunners & fresh ideas.

well, I am not supprised. I must admit though I really got into the last season and was looking forward to when sky airs the fourth. Lets hope they go out with a bang.
I have a nasty feeling that because of the poor reception Nemisis had at the box office and now this, that the franchise may be on its last legs :(

Still, theres always B.S.G to look forward to(provided they actually make a second season. :D :lease: :lease: :lease:

Not a shock really. As a huge Star Trek fan I never really got into Enterprise. Season 3 was not bad, but 1&2 were very very poor.

I think they need to leave it a couple of years and do a show set in the similar timeline to Voyager or maybe 50 to 100 years after.

Setting it in the past left the show open to so many problems.

Star Trek Enterprise has been cancelled by Paramount
:( Disappointing. As SciFi shows are frequently chopped after a series or two I always enjoyed the certainty Star Trek would always be on offering a SciFi choice - it appears not any longer :rolleyes:

Still, as someone commented, BG is still going and Doctor Who will be back next month. I'm sure Star Trek will be back in one form or another one day as well!

I did not like season 1 and 2 and though it very pedestrian and I did not find the casting of Archer right. I did like season 3 better what I saw of it, and I’m looking forwards to it coming on C4 I just hope they do not leave the series on a cliff-hanger or plots un-closed.

It's a shame, Manny Coto has done good work on the fourth season and he deserved better but US television execs really have room for sentiment:)

seasons 1, 2 & 4 were dull
season 3 was good, but not worth carrying on.

When will series 3 by on UK TV?

Series 3 has already been shown on Sky One and also Channel 4 too I think

Series 4 is due to start on Sky 1 soon.

pjclark1 said:
seasons 1, 2 & 4 were dull
season 3 was good, but not worth carrying on.

I suppose this is why critics/reviewers can make a living:)

I consider season 4 (for the most part) superior to season 3 and now we should at least get a good storyline to end the series hopefully with a favorite pointy eared villians.

I think a change in writers/directors/producers is clearly needed for Star Trek.

Take the excellent Battlestar Galactica for example. If Ronald Moore is clearly capable of producing such excellent TV, why when he was working on Voyager was it so crap, perhaps the higher level producers are holding the decent stories back for some reason.

GregHook said:
I think a change in writers/directors/producers is clearly needed for Star Trek.

Take the excellent Battlestar Galactica for example. If Ronald Moore is clearly capable of producing such excellent TV, why when he was working on Voyager was it so crap, perhaps the higher level producers are holding the decent stories back for some reason.
In fact, a lot of the Voyager staff writers have gone on to produce far superior shows on their own.

Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls & The Dead Zone are, to name but a few, all run/created by former Voyager staff.

You are probably correct in saying that the higher level producers are to blame. Berman & Braga have been running the franchise for quite a while now.

GregHook said:
Series 3 has already been shown on Sky One and also Channel 4 too I think

Series 4 is due to start on Sky 1 soon.
Channel 4 have yet to air Season 3 of Enterprise but I believe it is starting soon, why they have waiting so long I dont know.

This sucks!

I love the Star Trek franchise, still getting by at the moment on the STTNG DVDs. Love Voyager, but I am waiting for the DVDs to come down to £39 before I starting buying them.

Still looking forward to Season 4, hope this is good.

Do we think that they will be any more films??????

Ian.

I have watched Enterprise from the start, and I am bang up to date. To be honest I really have enjoyed the series long story lines like series 3, similar to DS9 last 2 seasons. I am shocked about the end for season 4 but I can understand it. I as one UK Star Trek fan will be waitiing for the next .........

Enterprise is junk. I'm glad they trashed it. Season 3 was below average, but far better than 1, 2, and 4. Season 4 has far to many part1-part2 episodes that artificially try to expand the stories. Eh.

Do we think that they will be any more films??????
I hope so - and I hope it will return to TV before I get too old to enjoy it - but at the moment there is nothing. First time is a quarter of a century that NO Star Trek has been on the drawing board! :(

Dave, you have to face facts - the kirk/nimoy movies were easily the best of the bunch but these guys are fast approaching the age that if they were reactivated to active duty, the enterprise bridge would need wheelchair ramps, comfy high chairs and zimmer frame access!

We should simply enjoy them in their best movies and leave the latest big screen trek for new blood cos that, and some fresh ideas (berman & braga? :thumbsdow ) are what the franchise need because right now, the trek juggernauts in danger of screeching to a halt, personally, I await the day when trek gets a dark, gritty edge to it a la Battlestar Galactica and is'nt afraid to get on the wrong side of the prime directive every now and again!

gargoyle said:
Dave, you have to face facts - the kirk/nimoy movies were easily the best of the bunch but these guys are fast approaching the age that if they were reactivated to active duty, the enterprise bridge would need wheelchair ramps, comfy high chairs and zimmer frame access!

!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm not surprised by the cancellation of enterprise in the slightest. I thought they did a great job for season 3 and although I haven't seen season 4 I've heard they have gone back to the tired old formats of stand-alone episodes rather than season-long Arcs. This was a massive mistake which obviously killed off the series.

I think Star Trek nemesis had nothing to do with enterprises demise. The poor box-office takings for Star Trek nemesis were because it was an extremely poor movie! No doubt in future the Star Trek franchise will rise again but if it is going to be a success it needs to take chances which currently it doesn't.

David-Sheekey said:
How about Shatner and nimoy in one more movie. There must be a way to bring kirk back, it is scifi after all.
William Shatner wrote some Star Trek books an he wrote Kirks resurrection in them.

Garrett said:
William Shatner wrote some Star Trek books an he wrote Kirks resurrection in them.

Good books (with a little help) but played a little too much to Shatners/Kirks ego but I suppose as a fan that's not an issue:)

Stick to Boston Legal, Shatner is brilliant and always a laugh to see him having arguments with Odo (Rene Auberjonois).

I enjoyed the series , its a shame it has been cancelled.
It was a nice idea to try a prequel , but was there ever any reference in any of the other series to Enterprise , Archer ,T'Pol or any thing else ? You would have thought there would have been some reference to the First Starship Enterprise ( Were there not models of the ship/shuttle/kirks enterprise in Picards readyroom ? Don't recall Archers). Archer as the first Cpt of it , T'Pol as the first Vulcan .I always thought it would be difficult to do when it didn't really have any place iin the trek timeline
I know,I know its just a programme :laugh:

John

thirst said:
I'm not surprised by the cancellation of enterprise in the slightest. I thought they did a great job for season 3 and although I haven't seen season 4 I've heard they have gone back to the tired old formats of stand-alone episodes rather than season-long Arcs. This was a massive mistake which obviously killed off the series.
Season 4 doesnt contain a whole Season Arc but its certainly not made up of stand-alone episodes, out of the currently aired 13 episodes there have been a total of 3 episodes which have not been part of a 2/3 part story and it looks like most of the remaining episodes will also be 2/3 parters which I do find works well as you can get good detailed episodes which dont try to cram to much into 45mins, I look forward to the remaining episodes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom