1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enter the Matrix PS2 or GC?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by mark raeburn, May 7, 2003.

1. mark raeburn

mark raeburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I definately want this game however I have both a PS2 and a Gemcube (unfortunately not an X-Box), does anyone have any recomendations as to which version to go for. I'm assuming that the graphics will be better on GC, but will there be less levels of the game due to less storage space?

Thanks

Mark

2. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've read that this is an extremely pedestrian movie license and not at all the groundbreaking game it's billed as

3. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For me (and remember these are my own opinions) I think the game will be badly flawed yet enjoyable because of the action choreography and the ease to do such flashy moves. Kudos to Shiny though for try to breathe some seriously needed fresh air into the genre but I can't help but think that the license will push this through more than anything... If I were to be proved wrong though I'll be over the moon. Bring on sequels to Streets of Rage and Final Fight ^_^

As for the Gamecube version having less levels because of the media.. I very much doubt it. Not every single PS2 game has filled 4.8GB of pure gaming code (if only a few) so I think that 1.5GB with the licensed DivX/MPEG4 codec will be plenty for the game.
    Sure enough some movie scenes might be lost (hidden/locked extras on the PS2 version maybe?) but in terms of gameplay I would expect things to be the same as essentially theres only 2 buttons for attacking and the rest is for movement.

Best to wait for the reviews really then pick which pad and game you feel is best for it.

4. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and couldn't it be a two discer? This game has cost $100million to release, surely the most costly game ever... and they are shipping 4 million copies!!!

5. mark raeburn

mark raeburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I heard that it is definately shipping as a 2disk set on both X Box and PS2, so surely this would mean that the GC version would have to be more disks!!

6. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can fit about 4 disks in a GC case... If there need to be more then it can be placed where the manuals are. 3 disks should be enough though but we will have to wait and see.

7. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think about it, no XBox game has used over the 4.7gb capacity of a single sided, single layered DVD, even though every game is on DVD9. So do you really think taht it will change for this game? Most games never take over 2gb, and with the gamecubes better disc compression. I think it could easily handle this game. The two discs will probaly be played with different storys/characters (i.e Resident evil 2 ps1).

8. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think about it, no XBox game has used over the 4.7gb capacity of a single sided single layered DVD, even though every game is on DVD9. So do you really think taht it will change for this game? Most games never take over 2gb, and with the gamecubes better disc compression. I think it could easily handle this game. The two discs will probaly be played as different storys/characters (i.e Resident evil 2 ps1).

9. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol You posted twice there mate, might want to delete one ^_^

10. luv ya jen

luv ya jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to rain on your parade i have the game on the seX BOX and i dont rate it that much i love the films but the game just seems to trying too hard to live up to the film my rating 85% (and it only got that cos of the dvd content of the film)

11. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simply answer: Neither

BTW the PS2 and Xbox versions come in 1 disc, the NGC version comes on 2 discs, and the PC version comes on 4 discs :eek: :eek:

Oh and the game is rubbish BTW.

12. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Considering the hype this movie is getting (and considering it's in Play.com's top 10 for all the consoles and PC), this game will probably sell a ton of copies. If, as people have said (and I believe them), the game turns out to be crap... it'll be easy to pick one up 2nd-hand for next to nothing within a month.

Personally, I'd never buy a console game without playing it first, unless the price was a huge bargain.