1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough soundproof?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Les E, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    With a new build imminent, I am trying my level best to get all the set-up pre-planned before the cinema build.

With regards to the sound proofing I have instructed the builder for a room with extra thick accoustic plasterboard on both the walls & ceiling filled with rockwool between the cavity.

As this build will be on the existing outside wall and have 2 outside walls of it's own, it will be also be situated next to the new build for the kichen so will have a solid wall between them too.

I am also thinking of getting accoustic underlay to keep the bass localised as much as I can.

However has anyone any further suggestions how I can make it further soundproofed from detached neighbours? :devil:

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It really shouldnt be a problem, I live in a link-detatched house (ie joined at the garage) and have my system in an upstairs room. I have 1600w of amplification and a very large SVS sub all of which are generally run at fairly high levels and the neighbours have never mentioned a thing :)