england2canada's setup

England2Canada

Established Member
Reaction score
bonusroom01.jpg

hallway.jpg

livingroom.jpg

1257571251515353634_rs.jpg

A simply amazing set-up. You have a lovely looking house.

Cheers mate....life of an expat :D We receive HD channels for free ( over the air ) from Toronto and Buffalo, using this

118647208.jpg

Channels we pick up

My TV has 2 internal ATSC/NTSC tuners so I've connected my CM4228 (on the roof) to one of my inputs, scanned and picked up the following Buffalo channels:
WGRZ - 2-1 NBC HD 1080i
WIVB - 4-1 CBS HD 1080i
WNLO - 4-3 UPN SD
WKBW - 7-1 ABC HD 720p
WIVB - 23-1 CBS HD 1080i
WNLO - 23-3 UPN SD
WUTV - 29-1 FOX HD 720p
WUTV - 29-2 FOX SD
WUTV - 29-3 FOX SD
WNED - 43-1 PBS HD 1080i (24 x 7 HD)
WNED - 43-2 PBS SD
WNED - 43-3 PBS Bright SD

These come in on a 75 to 80% basis, but are subject to drop-out -- specially WGRZ, and WUTV. The signal levels appear OK approx 85% of the time. (The set only has a bar that shows GOOD - NORMAL & BAD. Most of the time it is between NORMAL & top of BAD. When it goes BAD, it begins to pixellate and drops out.

The Toronto channels all come in at the top of NORMAL to mid-GOOD.
I get:
CBLT - 5-1 HD 1080i
CFTO - 9-1 HD 1080i
CBLFT - 25-1 HD 1080i
CITY - 53-1 HD 1080i
CKXT - 66-1 HD 1080i

I don't like clutter at all, and like to have things hidden out of sight, kind of like a north american thing these days with the whole makeover shows and home designs really. My house is wired for cat 6 and every room in the house has a face plate that has ethernet socket, cable, satellite and audio.

Current basement setup

Attachments

• 1photo244.jpg
    1photo244.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 3,957
  • 1photo250.jpg
    1photo250.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,442
  • 1photo260.jpg
    1photo260.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,651
  • 1photo242.jpg
    1photo242.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 3,232
Cheers mate....that antenna is one of the best on the market really and it has a rotor and amp attached to it that boosts the signal and rotate it toward the US, and Toronto where most of the local stations are.

It's amazing when I show people the quality of the pics coming from the antenna, and it doesn't cost me a dime. The TV has a built in ATSC/QUAM/NTSC tuner that you need to get HD channels.

The living room is nice but :eek: what a basement!! That's what I call a "home cinema" :thumbsup:

Cheers geezer, couldn't have had something like that in London, not unless you are a footballer or some random naff celeb :rolleyes:

:clap:

That basement has got to be one of the best that I've seen!

:clap:

Not proud, just glad that I managed to get out of Britain, and as it turns out, I just sent in my application for Canadian citizenship today :thumbsup: I'll be able to keep my british citizenship as well, and this will make crossing the border into the US a lot easier in terms of silly question asked :clap:

Nice set-up there mate, my wife's canadian and were thinking about immigrating to toronto from the UK (norn iron) and i just love how everyone has these bloody great huge basements over there that cry out for the sort of install you got, defo something id do if i move.

Not proud, just glad that I managed to get out of Britain, and as it turns out, I just sent in my application for Canadian citizenship today :thumbsup: I'll be able to keep my british citizenship as well, and this will make crossing the border into the US a lot easier in terms of silly question asked :clap:

Whats your story then how did you end up there and what do you do etc, is it really that much cheaper over there?

Whats your story then how did you end up there and what do you do etc, is it really that much cheaper over there?

What's my story morning glory? :D Am from london originally, like to travel as much as the average brit, and whilst I was doing this I met a lass from here, and ended up moving here.

Prior to that, I worked in the city of london in IT for a large company, and lived in the canary wharf area over looking the dome.

Have a thoroughly deserved 'wow' - it's a bit special that :thumbsup:

If you dont mind me asking how long did the immigration process take?

Between 6-7 months to get my permanent resident card, but as you might know, each person's case is different. I did all the leg work and had all my docs ready and organized. Letter from scotland yard, RCMP checks and all that

Not fair, moved to a nice Country and have a lush pad...
Well done though, glad to see your in the right part of the country, Canada, not that theirs anything wrong with America ;)
Did you install anything yourself? As your in IT I assume your a gadget freak that loves playing with all the hardware etc.

I do miss home, especially watching the gunners, as I use to have a season ticket, now I have to watch the games on the canadian networks after the games have been played or listen over the internet :rolleyes:

Also everyone here drinks coffeee, you can't get a decent cuppa, or a Ruby at all. I also miss the close proximity with Europe, the cheap flights and all that.

I did some of the Cat 6 wiring myself, but got a pro in to wire the basement gear

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom