England vs Greece - Don't watch it live

loz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's only SD on BBC1 when the match is shown live. :thumbsdow

But the highlights on SSHD1 at 10.00 are in HD according to Sky programming guide. :smashin:

Now, why couldn't BBC show it live on BBC HD then? :confused:
No, instead we have another bl***y repeat of Planet soding Earth...

Note. Wales vs Bulgaria is also live in HD the night before on SSHD1

That's a shame, it would have made a good comparison of what the BBC can do in an English stadium and what we have seen from SKY although working nights so I'd only have seen the first half anyway.
Can't really get the feel for recorded footy:)

watch us welshies in HD instead then.

Is there any paper/mag that lists the HD schedule (incl BBC HD) ? Find it a pain in the neck scrolling through the days all the time.

Having a look at the listings for BBC HD channel the Preview appears 7 times on Friday. It is also billed as "The BBC as you've never experienced before"

Hmmmnn

rbentley said:

Thanks...Shame there isn't one place to see all HD channels for the next 7 days.

I've had SKY+ for about 18months...I got into the routine of reading the radio times on a Thursday, picking the progs/films etc I wanted to see then spend 5 mins programming the thing to record it all....so I never have to channel surf, watch rubbish, I never miss anything and more importantly I haven't seen an advert in 18 months:clap: :smashin:

Oh well..I'm sure someone will do it eventually :)

JUS said:
Thanks...Shame there isn't one place to see all HD channels for the next 7 days.
There is.

Press RED on the Sky HD TV Guide.

and then ever so slowing work your way through the weekly guide... not knowing whether something is DD or HD unless you push the info button...takes blinkin ages.

Are you sure that the highlights programme will be in HD and not just SD upscaled?
dave

AVdavid said:
Are you sure that the highlights programme will be in HD and not just SD upscaled?
dave

I can only go on what the listing say. They clearly shown it as HD

When I looked yesterday, the EPG didn't tag it as HD - although this has been known to chnage.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

loz said:

But the highlights on SSHD1 at 10.00 are in HD according to Sky programming guide. :smashin:

Note. Wales vs Bulgaria is also live in HD the night before on SSHD1

If you do that then you are not a real football fan!! Real fans don't give a toss about PQ etc - they want to watch their team.

That sounds similar to the argument that people buy DVDs of films they don't actually like but becasue they have amazing pic/sound quality.

JUS said:
and more importantly I haven't seen an advert in 18 months:clap: :smashin:

QUOTE]

How do you know what to buy then !!!:D

SOK said:
If you do that then you are not a real football fan!! Real fans don't give a toss about PQ etc - they want to watch their team.

That sounds similar to the argument that people buy DVDs of films they don't actually like but becasue they have amazing pic/sound quality.

This is England we are talking about.
The only thing they have going for them is the PQ :rotfl:
HD is essential for the players to maximise their modeling contracts and endorsements. :devil:
Let's face it, more people will remember the 2006 World Cup for BBC HD coverage rather than England's performance. :rolleyes:

loz said:
This is England we are talking about.
The only thing they have going for them is the PQ :rotfl:
HD is essential for the players to maximise their modeling contracts and endorsements. :devil:
Let's face it, more people will remember the 2006 World Cup for BBC HD coverage rather than England's performance. :rolleyes:
The WC wouldn't have been the same without Zidane's headbut in HD

The highlights programme is only in SD according to Sky EPG when I looked last night.

Footie in SD on a Pioneer plasma is pretty unwatchable, stunned that the BBC are repeating the usual crap tonight and not showing it on HD, why not?

:(

I believe they dont have enough cameras to do it and sky only have rights to highlights of england home games. Therefore they need to take bbc's pictures.

It is odd...BBC obviously have the HD channel and use HD for the vast majority of everything they film.

Looked quite fine on my Fuji...not as good as HD but a darn sight better than ITV SD!

loz said:

The pictures were SD from the BBC and Sky have upconverted the SD pics to HD, they had no HD presence on site last night

theboyfold said:
The pictures were SD from the BBC and Sky have upconverted the SD pics to HD, they had no HD presence on site last night

Glad you confirmed that as I was not impressed :mad: with the PQ that is.
As for England :smashin:

They had enough camera's at Wimbledon, why not hire them from SKY

Sky don't own cameras, but pay independent production companies to cover sport.

On the BBC front, do you not realise how many more cameras it takes to cover football well than a couple of courts at Wimbledon?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom