England v India - 6th ODI

mrtbag

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well after Pieterson went in the 31st over I thought we'd be lucky to reach 250 being 137-5. Then comes Shah, Wright and Mascarenhas. 107 from 95, 50 from 39 and 36 from 15 respectively.

Mascarenhas hitting 5 sixes in the lsat over.

316-6 after our 50 overs. This should have the series wrapped up. The youngsters in our squad at the moment are making me think in a few years we could have one hell of a one day side. Broad, Shah, Bopara, Wright and Mascarenhas have all proved a point this series. They still have a lot to learn, but they look the real deal.

Those 5 sixes were awesome. And a debut 50 from the Youngster Wright. Good stuff.

On the subject of 6's, did'nt someone hit 6 out of 6 in the world cup? South African I think.

Yep. Hershelle Gibbs. It was against Holland though.

:rotfl:

Yer only Holland.Doesn't count.

Mascarenhas 1st 6 was the best,he was caught but the fielder fell onto the rope and forgot to realise the ball.:rotfl:

Good game, shame Jimmy was a liitle unfortunate at the end with a load of edges flying to the boundry of decent balls - fortune favours the brave I guess.

Although its now 3-3 in the series, I have been encouraged by seeing this England. A few odd decisions in recent games such as leaving out Mascharanas for Lewis aside, seeing Anderson & Broad with the new ball, Bell at 3 and Bopara, Mascharanas, Wright and Broad batting in the lower order shows England are capable of an exciting one day side.

Add an in form Pietersen, an Panaser with a little more ODI experience and please god a fit Flintoff to that, it could be successful over a good period :smashin:

I only saw the highlights on channel 5. What was the expert opinion on the Collingwood run out? Should it have been allowed?

I don't mind Prior as a WK batsman, but I really don't think it works with him opening. He just isn't good enough, fine at 6,7 or 8, but not 2. Pietersen or Bell opening?

Would be Bell for me,Pietersen should come in at 3.:thumbsup:

I don't mind Prior as a WK batsman, but I really don't think it works with him opening. He just isn't good enough, fine at 6,7 or 8, but not 2.

It is the lower middle order that has been playing well in this series and we already have to accomodate Flintoff into it by leaving out someone who has been successful. If we were to play the wicketkeeper down the order it would mean either leaving someone else out or playing them all one place too high.

This is Prior's second stab at one day wicketkeeping / opening and he hasn't been particularly successful either time so I wonder whether it might not be time to give someone else a crack

This is Prior's second stab at one day wicketkeeping / opening and he hasn't been particularly successful either time so I wonder whether it might not be time to give someone else a crack

It seems to me we are looking for a keeper that can have the impact that Gilchrist does and they don't grow on trees!

If they just rejig the order a bit they wouldn't need to drop anyone.

I think that Phil Mustard of Durham could be worth a try in the One Day team but as he is a county colleague of Paul Collingwood he would know better than I whether he could make the step up. If his performance in the FP final is anything to go by Mustard wouldn't be fazed by the big occasion.

Another for the future is Craig Kieswetter the 19 year old South African born wicket keeper batsman currently playing for Somerset. He opens the batting with Trescothick in the short form of the game and frequently outscores him.

When Somerset played Durham in the Pro 40 league Kieswetter belted the Durham attack all over the park and very few have managed that this season.

Yep. Kieswetter get's my vote too. Isn't he still 'undecided' as to where his international career should be?

What a series this has been. Even more enjoyable when you can support both teams equally and not care about the outcome ;) It's all set up for a thriller on Saturday!
Speaking of Trescothick, what's happening with his international return... if there is going to be one.

Speaking of Trescothick, what's happening with his international return... if there is going to be one.

I don't think he should bother. It clearly is a route to his issues, and your health is the most important thing in life. He's enjoying his cricket at county level and playing well.

He played 76 tests and 126 ODI's. He's given enough for his country and I think it's best we no longer consider him.

I don't see Trescothick returning to the International fold which is a great shame as he really is a world class player and I'd like to have seen him open the innings along with Phil Mustard in the forthcoming World 20/20 championships.

Still, Trescothick doesn't want to tour and Phil Mustard along with Mal Loye haven't been picked for the squad anyway :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom