England v Germany - BBC HD

Spinning Plates

Is this audio for this broadcast in DD 2.0 or DD 5.1?

If it is in 5.1 then it's such a waste because the commentary is coming through the front speakers and the centre and rear speakers aren't even being utilized.

The picutre is as usual for BBC HD football broadcasts. The main cameras are 7/10 but the close ups have way too much grain and look like crap. I guess it's better than BBC One but it isn't anywhere near the level of SSHD.

mannyo

Seems to be 2.0 for me also.

Ragnarok

yep swich to pro logic and lower the center speaker as much as possable, or unplug it to get rid of motty.dd5.1 would be much better as there world be no leak from the center speaker to the others.

D

Dave Duke

Hide the kids - Alan Hansen in HD. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This might explain the burnt face and lips and why he has stubble.

FOOTIE pundit Alan Hansen has been caught up in a bizarre CANDLE burns riddle.

The ex-Liverpool star, 52, appeared on Sunday’s Match of the Day with red marks on his face.

And yesterday the mystery deepened as the BBC refused to offer an explanation.

TV sidekick Gary Lineker had teased the Scot, who played for the Reds.

Lineker laughed: “You might have noticed despite the best efforts of our make-up girls, who spent a lot of time on him, there’s marks on Alan’s face. Care to explain?”

Hansen shot him a furious look and said: “I had an accident with a candle.”

A BBC insider said: “Alan was not amused. He looked like he’d dribbled a flaming Sambuca all over his face.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007380655,00.html

platty

Whats that horrible monstrosity in the top left hand corner ...please, please , please ,BBC ,can we have the score banner in the bottom left hand corner ...thanks ...:rotfl:

I'll start a petition ....:smashin:

Euphoria

Novice Member
Is this audio for this broadcast in DD 2.0 or DD 5.1?

If it is in 5.1 then it's such a waste because the commentary is coming through the front speakers and the centre and rear speakers aren't even being utilized.

The picutre is as usual for BBC HD football broadcasts. The main cameras are 7/10 but the close ups have way too much grain and look like crap. I guess it's better than BBC One but it isn't anywhere near the level of SSHD.
Whats SSHD mean?

trent steel

My Amplifier was showing a 5.1 signal which sounded OK but not great, then again I have yet to hear a good 5.1 signal from a football game

Dr Evilest

5.1 sound for me too, bit of a waste really with Mr Motson providing his usual verbal excrement.:rolleyes:
Great stadium, great HD picture quality, typical England, tripe performance.

I agree, Alan Smith for England, what a joke. Not to mention Robinson, Dyer....

batts09

Novice Member
my speakers didn't seem to be working during the game, the clarity coming out of them sounded dated, gruff and monotonous....

I wish the beeb would ditch Motty!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom