England v Austria

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Keep a lookout for me in the crowd, I'm the one who's looking thinner but will probably look a little worse for wear as I am having my 1st drink since July 31st today :eek:
I've heard that Ferdinand isn't playing, so we might have a chance today :)
I think we will win comfortably today :rolleyes: any more predictions ?

I'll go for an optimistic 3-0. They have just booted their manager, can't qualify, and we are due a reasonable performance from our 'superstars' :rolleyes:

When was the last time a england team started without any man utd players? :clap:

Austria to win 6-0. Sven to be taken out by a sniper.

hunts1uk said:
When was the last time a england team started without any man utd players? :clap:

1999 against belgium :smashin:

Well done England for another cracking performance :rolleyes: :suicide: Too bored with them so can't be bothered to say anything else. Pahhh :boring:

yet another inept performance from svens rich kids, and an even worse performance from the ref

England defend too deep, do not support the forwards and sven picks players out of form and out of position.
Crouch isnt good enough to be a starting man and why didnt sven sub him?
I want to see gary neville back he plays consistanly well and gets in some good crosses. Why is it england just give up in the second half and just start defending deep without any intention of going forward it anoys me soooo much we need a capitain who can take control.

John Terry should be the captain and perhaps it may be a blessing in disguise Becks being suspended, it may allow Lampard to have the same role as he does at Chelsea, o and drop the freak, he is never international class

I am not sure how this would all work out, but the more I see Gerrard and Lampard as the centre two midfielders the more I think you have to have someone like King playing the Makaele role behind them and in front of the back four.

It looks like we have qualified. Holland 2-0 up.

Jeff said:
It looks like we have qualified. Holland 2-0 up.

Another excuse for a shoddy performance agaist poland now probably!

:lesson:
hunts1uk said:

noticed your comment,funny thing is,since a certain paul scholes finally realised playing for england was like flogging a dead horse,england have been pathetic in midfield,when was the last time,gerrard in midfield,beckham in midfield,actually have a good game their again when was the last time beckham had any good game.same can be said about owen,sod it same thing can be said about all of them,could not believe my eyes tonight,owen finally getting subbed when playing **** :clap: :clap:

Yo, just got back from Kent Uni open day...trek and a half from Manchester... (5 hrs train)

My brother recorded the match for me. Thank god I can fast forward :D :rolleyes:

To answer the above point, Beckham last had a good game vs Greece. That getting to be about 4 years? He admitted in a interview, that he'll probably never play like that again. Before anyone says, that was a superhuman one man mission that day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carragher: he'll move the earth for the shirt. But don't play a right footed player on left = drift inside = lose width and momentum...which brings us to...

Joe Cole: same as above. He'd be much better on the right, competing with SWP...................and err Beckham :rolleyes:

Crouch: Good link up play but Paul Robinson would probably look more assured in front of goal...(attacking that is)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I say: a) change players and manager or b) change system to

---------------Robinson----------

G.Neville---Terry---whoever---A. Cole

-------------Carrick*----------------

----Lampard---Rooney---Gerrard**----
|
|
----------Owen-------*** --------

*Or Ledley King? Gerrard?
** What about drop one of Gerrard/Lampard and play SWP or Joe Cole?
***Defoe, Bent, whoevers flavour of the month

I would play 11 players, it works better than 10.

Sorry, realised mistake :hiya:

Jeff said:
I would play 11 players, it works better than 10.

Although I would argue if you have Carrick in your team you are down to 9 :D . He couldn't tackle my nan so I don't understand why everyone is saying he should play the defensive role in front of the back four.

It takes me back to the bad old Spurs Ossie days when he played Jason Dozell there! :eek:

Any lip-readers here?

There was a close up of Carragher at about 70 minutes and he seemed to be saying (I'm not a lip-reader):

"You talking to me? F Off, you ?????? tw@t."

I couldn't get the ??????. I would guess "Spanish" or "Austrian", but I couldn't see who he was talking to.

Perhaps someone with a recording could check. It was about the only interesting thing that happened.

Looking at Gerrards recent "Worst thing anyone could ever go through" experience (bless him).

I'm sure he would play a lot better if he was sure the Country wanted and loved him.

Er, gave him lots of cash :devil:

FruitBat said:
Any lip-readers here?

There was a close up of Carragher at about 70 minutes and he seemed to be saying (I'm not a lip-reader):

"You talking to me? F Off, you ?????? tw@t."

I couldn't get the ??????. I would guess "Spanish" or "Austrian", but I couldn't see who he was talking to.

Was Beckham still on the pitch? :D :devil:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

^^ I've watched the bit of Carragher "swearing", but I can't lip read. He could be asking for a cuppa for all I know :rolleyes:

Whilst I wouldn't attempt to defend the way England have been playing lately I think people are being a little harsh on Beckham - to be talking about him not being in the team is ridiculous, have you seen the way he has been playing for Real lately (on the right) he has been phenomenal, some of the Spanish press were talking about him being the best player in the world on current form - now whilst that reaction is a little over the top, he is certainly good enough to be playing for England (on the right). I thought he was our best player against NI (not saying much I know!)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom