England U21 v Romania U21 SSHD2 - Terrible Sound Quality

KeanosMagicHat

Just watching England U21 v Romania U21 on SSHD2 and for the first time since I subscribed to Sky HD I've had to turn off my surround sound system due to the poor quality.

There is a fault in the transmission of this match whereby a low bass hum is being intermittently broadcast.

I persevered for most of the first half but just before I turned it off (after about 35 mins +) it was happening more frequently than it was not.

It was driving me mad.

Disappointing.

:thumbsdow

PS - I know it's not my system as I've switched several times to the cricket (which I had on all afternoon prior to the football) and it's perfect.

mkcurtis

It was fine for my in Dolby Digital. Although having a 1 year old who would not sleep ment I did not have it up that loud last night. Sound was fine though.

Ive got a season ticket for Bristol City and know that Sky will be there next week for the Bristol City and Man City game. See if you get the same issue! It could be just us yokels and how we plug things in!

KeanosMagicHat

It was fine for my in Dolby Digital. Although having a 1 year old who would not sleep ment I did not have it up that loud last night. Sound was fine though.

Ive got a season ticket for Bristol City and know that Sky will be there next week for the Bristol City and Man City game. See if you get the same issue! It could be just us yokels and how we plug things in!

Thanks for the reply.

I suspect it was your low volume that meant it wasn't as noticeable but it was definitely there.

I've never noticed it on any Sky HD broadcast before and hopefully won't again.

I've also used my surround sound setup to watch a couple of other things since with no issues so no fault with my system.

Hopefully a one off.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom