• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

England cricket coach thinks that English public are stupid

Ian J

Banned
Peter Moores the England cricket coach has rejected claims that financial gain is the main motive behind the Stanford Super Series. The winner take all series in which each England player will win $1m if they beat a rather poor West Indies side is not about money claimed Moores who is confident that national pride will be the main motivation for the English.

He further claimed that although there was a lot of money at stake "when the lads walk out there they will be playing for the badge like they always do for England."

I wonder if there is anyone who actually believes that garbage. I find it quite insulting that he would come out with rubbish like that in the expectation that the gullible English public would swallow his tripe

Lezman

Prominent Member
I remember an interview with one of the england bowlers (I forget who) who stated that 'of course we're thinking of the money- its a huge sum' (paraphrased but you get the idea).

Personally I'm more concerned that that Stanford will get his ultimate goal and make limited overs the main form of the sport- he's already publically said he finds Test cricket boring. If the ECB start taking more of his cash then who knows who will be calling the shots in the future.

kopchoir

Banned
That made me laugh:D money is the root of all evil so they say, i now fear for your game ian lets hope the fans dont get short changed over time:rolleyes:

All this money in sport and its the fans i feel sorry for here is another example
BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Liverpool fans fume at Uefa move
All this cash now being pumped into cricket how much will be going into grass roots as well????

Ian J

Banned
It looks like the English paying public are also not bothering much with this farce of a tournament. The team are normally buoyed up by the Barmy Army who will happily cheer them along in all parts of the world even if they are playing badly but it seems that of all the hundreds of members of the BA only three are known to be going to the West Indies to watch this spectacle :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom