England 1st match at Wembley

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Friday 1st June England v Brazil at Wembley.

Well done to the very clever person who's expecting people from all over the country to be able to get to Wembley on a Friday night, and then get a train back. Very clever and a great reward for all of us who have kept our Englandfans subscriptions going all these years looking forward to the first International game at Wembley.

Why do we bother :(

"Which other big name is struggling and we could manage to beat?" is how I imagine the meeting went. How would it go down when England are thrashed?

Friday does seem to be a strange choice. I suppose they'll still manage to fill the ground. I still say touring the county was great. I know tradition blah blah yada yada but...

Friday 1st June England v Brazil at Wembley.

Well done to the very clever person who's expecting people from all over the country to be able to get to Wembley on a Friday night, and then get a train back. Very clever and a great reward for all of us who have kept our Englandfans subscriptions going all these years looking forward to the first International game at Wembley.

Why do we bother :(

Madness isn't it. What's wrong with the Saturday?

It's not the 1st game anyway, I went to the 1st game, this one is just overhyped toss.

Damn, I'm in Brussels that weekend, would've gone to that aswell!

Madness isn't it. What's wrong with the Saturday?

It's not the 1st game anyway, I went to the 1st game, this one is just overhyped toss.

Damn, I'm in Brussels that weekend, would've gone to that aswell!

:rotfl: I know what you mean !

exactly - i would rather watch our U21s at the moment tbh.

The problems of getting home on a Friday night won't affect the ones the FA are interested in-corporate bigwigs, sponsors and multi millionaires.
They'll come up with a perfectly good explanation of why it's on a Friday, but the FA constantly get everything wrong. Why should the first senior England game be any different?

Normally these days I'd say "oh sod it, I'm not going to this meaningless match" but I really wanted to go to the first full England match at the new Wembley as I was at the last one against Germany in the old one. Sentimental reasons really.... yes I'm that sad :D

First game againts Brazil? Ohmygawd:suicide:
I mean whats wrong with someone like Iceland? Easy to beat, and a 21-0 scoreline might make the loony fans think we can take on the world again:rotfl:
The chimps at the FA have really gone and done it this time; I expect a thrashing of Man U-Roma proportions!!

1. Friday Night!! :confused:
2. Brasil!! :confused:

receipe for disaster

apparently this Wembley is also difficult to get in \ out of?

Last England game at Wembley - Germany beat us.

First England game at Wembley - Brazil....

apparently this Wembley is also difficult to get in \ out of?

Not really, it's as quick at anything, the police stop & start the crowds like traffic lights & it eases congestion. I walked to Wembley Park amongst the crowds, boarded a tube for 4 stops on the Jubilee line, got a slow-stopper train back to Herts. In the pub within 75mins from final whistle.

I was really impressed, however, that was only 55,700, not 90,000.

I'm going to wait for the first "competitive" England game against Israel which is on a Saturday in September

First game againts Brazil? Ohmygawd:suicide:
I mean whats wrong with someone like Iceland? Easy to beat, and a 21-0 scoreline might make the loony fans think we can take on the world again:rotfl:
The chimps at the FA have really gone and done it this time; I expect a thrashing of Man U-Roma proportions!!
They picked Brazil as it's a 'prestige' fixture, and should be a big draw, for the mug punters, and of course the 'people' they really want. The corporate crowd.

Will England get hammered? Well, depends on how many of the Brazilians are up for it? The current crop seem to suffering from too many burgers..........:D

So, at least they won't be 'hungry' out there..............

:D

So, at least they won't be 'hungry' out there..............:D

They will be hungry in the concourse with £5.00 for a cheeseburger (mind you, that's not actually that bad & it was rather pleasant, as was the £7.00 fish & chips - very impressive quality!) All 5 pints of lager were nicely chilled too, so much so in fact I had to down them before my hands fell off :D

As this match is a few days before a crucial qualifier, I can't see England being at full strength or throwing themselves about for the whole game !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom