Engineers Reset

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Tangram, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Tangram

Tangram
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having probelms with sky planner, reported remaining hard drive space and sometimes recording doesnt work. I have noticed a housekeeping method ( services 4-0-1 ) but also people have mentioned an engineers reset. Could anyone tell me how I go about this and what effect it has ( ie do I lose anything and do i need to action anything after it ) ?

Many thanks

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Not sure if this is what you mean but you can get the box to do a forced software download although I'm not sure if this will erase any recordings. You can do it this way, originally posted by Sinbrad:

'Disconnect your box from the mains. Hold in the backup button and plug the box back in. Keep hold of the backup button until the front panel lights up. If you have your box connected via scart you will see a message on screen telling you that the update is in process and not to do certain things whilst this is happening. Once completed the box will switch itself off. Wait approx 20-30 seconds and then switch on as normal, update will have been completed.'

HTH

John

3. Tangram

Tangram
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks John, I will give it a try tonight. Apart from lost recordings, any side effects or anything I need to do afterwards ?

4. Tangram

Tangram
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, do I need to be connected to the phone line as I am not at the moment. Do software updates come through the phone line or the dish ?

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The dish.