1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engineers menu in philips 42 pf9946

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ScottishThistle, Feb 18, 2005.

1. ScottishThistle

ScottishThistle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Ive just been advised with "allee" that its possible to adjust settings in the philips 42 9946 engineers menu to fix the lipsync problem, thing is he didnt say what to adjust, heres his message and my reply, anyone who can help please do so a.s.a.p, thanks :) >>>>>>>>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by allee
    There's a setting for Luminance delay in the service menus on Philips plasmas. This adjusts the the sound to the image.... enter the service menu by keying 062596 i+ into your remote & navigate to the allignments menu.

Cheers for that allee m8
    Iam in the engineers menu, I see six main options >
    CLEAR
    OPTIONS
    TUNER
    WHITE TONE
    AUDIO
    NVM EDITOR
    I would imagine the I should go into "audio", correct ??
    So in audio I have five options >
    QSS @ ON
    FMI @ OFF
    NICAM ALIGNMENT @ 77
    LIP SYNC @ OFF
    DBE @ OFF
    I can change all these settings if I want to but ive been carefull to turn them back to what they were set to originally, I CANT seem to change nicam alignment, ive tried pressing several buttons etc but it wont change, as a matter of fact when I try and change the nicam alignment it switches the tv off sometimes ??

Anyway, allee, can you please advise on what settings to change to udjust the lip sync level and how to change the nicam alignment if I have to, also please tell me what all the other options are for please, or maybe you could email me a manual or something ???
    Please advise a.s.a.p.
    Thanks mate
    p.s
    I tried the lip sync option on and off, didnt seem to make any difference.

2. BertM

BertM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One thing not to change is the luminance delay.
    In PAL broadcasts you will notice on certain television sets that the colour signal doesn't match the underlaying picture. Very noticable with coloured text: the colour of the letters seem to be shifted to the right. This colour shift can be adjusted by the luminance delay. Luminance does NOT adjust for lip synch issues!

The Lip Sync on/off adjustment sounds like the setting to change. The correction (if any) will only be activated once you've set the value to ON, save the settings and turn off and on the TV.

Be careful not to change any settings of which you haven't got a clue what they mean. You could easily put the TV in a state where it cannot be controled with the remote anymore...

regards,
    Bert

3. ScottishThistle

ScottishThistle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    cheers bertm :)

I tried turning the lipsync setting on/off but it doesnt really help any.
    The other one I was thinking may adjust/help the lipsync issue is the "nicam alignment" setting ??? its set at 77 just now but I cant get it to change even if I wanted to, so I dont know what thats all about ??

another thing ive noticed is that when i change the lipsync option to "ON", when I go back to normal viewing I see that because ive turned it on it turns "OFF" active control when I check the menu options ??