• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Engineer Coming

akasja

Novice Member
Been having small problems with my HD box now for a number of months.

For example, recordings fail (even though i've watched the program live and the planner lists it as recording)

I get a blue screen sometimes when I first turn the box on, I can change channels (and get the program information) but the blue screen remains.

Recordings are listed ok in the planner with space allocated but when I try to play the box freezes - this happens with about 1 recording in 4.

The box randomly turns itself off on a daily basis.

Now i've done the sensible things - updated firmware, rebuild planner etc - the box is in an open shelf with no heat issues.

An engineer is coming next week, can anybody suggest what to say to encourage him to replace this box? Will I get a new one - and if so, how will I know?

kevmarshall

Established Member
You don't say if you are still in guarantee but you will almost certainly get a Replacement box.

If you are very lucky you might just get a brand new one but depends how long you have had HD, what the "engineer" has on his van, how much tea & cake you have on offer.

akasja

Novice Member
really? thats good to know!

Sorry my box is about 10 months old so it's still under warranty.

How do I know if I'm getting a new box or a refurb?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom