1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engineer CallOuts

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by monkeyleader, Sep 22, 2003.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Hey,

Really pi**ed off as my sky+ box (less that 2 months old) is playing up. Picture feed is fine, pause, rewind etc is fine, but recording is stuffed. Rang Sky and it looks like its the 2nd feed into the box thats duffed ... The earliest they could give me was tomorrow, which is fine, but they cant give me an AM or PM slot. I can understand that they cant give me an exact time, but surley they should be able to give their customers an AM or PM slot ...

Not impressed.

Nige :mad:

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As your LNB has four connections, of which the SKY+ box uses two, you could try connecting the recording input to an unused output on your LNB, in case the LNB is the cause.

You are lucky to get a Sky visit in less than 3 weeks. Must be a slack time. As for organising a specific time of day, be grateful if the guy turns up on the right day!

BTW he won't be a qualified "engineer", just a trained (if you are lucky) ladder monkey. Most Sky people get, at most, 3 weeks training then "on the job experience". That's all my friend got and he'd started life as a garage mechanic and had (still has) absolutely zero knowledge of electronics or anything to do with TV signals. In fact he was delighted when I pointed out the eBooks from satcure because after reading them he commented "at last I know more than my bl**dy customers!"

After the sky guarantee runs out you should use an independent and book "first appointment" which should see him turning up by 9:30am at the latest.

Fman