Engineer calling tomorrow advice please on HD Box problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Anastie, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    OK I will keep this brief. A week ago the day before we left to go on our hols.

The HD box of only a few months old started playing up. It crashed with the no signal message. I did the usual reset and still no signal. Called sky who ran through some other things still nothing. Checked signal display - nothing. So sky arranged for an engineers visit.

However I did a few more resets and it started to work but only intermittently and showed a signal. The second box that is connected up that we use for free view is fine so I presume LNB OK???

It carried on into the early evening prior to going away and at least the planner was accessible and what was on there worked fine. We returned today and the programmes we set to record - some failed, some part recorded and others were fine. But when we watch the recorded ones back they break up???

I just want some guidance when the engineer calls as I don't want him to fiddle and say all is well and leave.
    I presume the box will need to be replaced as no tweaking could solve this problem or have I missed something?

Cheers

2. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Hi mate, its possible that it could be the lnb, or the stb, or the cable/ connections. Any bother, pm me and i'll pop around and sort it for you:thumbsup: What part of the north east are you?

3. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Thanks thats a great offer. At present its still under warranty. Just did not want to be duped by an engineer.

4. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    OK just had the engineer on despite booking an am call with sky 10 days ago. The engineer is not coming out until between 1 and 5 today!!!

I called sky and they said there was nothing they can do. I told them 10 days notice from me was more than reasonable so I expect them to at least to be able to give me an am call. Sky could not have cared less. they said to call back after it is fixed and they will agree to credit the account. I said why can you not offer me the credit now and they refused????

Anything else I can do?