• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Enforced 'Celebrations'

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Halloween
Valentine's Day
Mothers Day
Fathers Day
Guy fawkes night
Uncle johns half brother day

Anyone else just get right royally peeved off with it & try to ignore it?

Last edited:

shodan

Distinguished Member
You missed the daddy of all Enforced/False Fun days....

shodan

Distinguished Member
Not where I live my friend...

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
It's not all bad. :)

61-ENRzGmnL._SX522_.jpg

addyb

Distinguished Member
Halloween
Valentine's Day
Mothers Day
Fathers Day
Uncle johns half brother day

Anyone else just get right royally peeved off with it & try to ignore it?

So let's see.

You scare easily
You're single
You hate your parents/Aren't a parent.

Maybe all of the above is the work of Uncle John's half brother.

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
So let's see.

You scare easily
You're single
You hate your parents/Aren't a parent.

Maybe all of the above is the work of Uncle John's half brother.

Far far from it. I don't get scared, I'm happily married with a 7 year old son & my uncle isn't called John lol

I just dislike corporate pushed 'celebrations'.. Birthday's, Christmas ok but these are just revenue generators.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Far far from it. I don't get scared, I'm happily married with a 7 year old son & my uncle isn't called John lol

I just dislike corporate pushed 'celebrations'.. Birthday's, Christmas ok but these are just revenue generators.

Lol it was all in jest. The only one I like is Halloween. I've always had a fascination with it and if I'm being honest I wish it was a bigger deal over here like Xmas. Maybe it all stems from my love of horror/scary films...or the fact I have pentagrams tattooed all over and most nights run around my local park wearing a goats head and jesus sandals.

Barbs77

Distinguished Member
just watched from my window, I think it was Doncaster Racecourse display. It was spectacular, never saw it advertised in the paper. Unless it was because Doncaster Rovers won today. Lol

Last edited:

IronGiant

It maybe because the organisers of "Events" thought it might not be a good idea to have them the night before Remembrance Sunday, which is what would happen if they were on next Saturday.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Quite a few garden fireworks around here tonight (lighting up the fog) - but all the events I've seen, including the one we are going to, are next Saturday.

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
I don't have a problem with these events as there is no demand or compulsion to get involved.

Do you get equally annoyed when "the man" starts pushing promotions for mass sporting events like World Cups, The Ryder Cup (its not a sport), Olympics, etc.

Just ignore it all or get involved in what you want & ignore the rest, like an adult. the only one that is compulsary is Christmas... but that is ok because it is awesome.

DarenD

Prominent Member
I agree. Hate this Halloween rubbish. Missus and kids went to a party, I sat in the house with all the lights off so nobody knocked on the door and thought we were in.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom